• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Support Barbie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8517097.stm

God help us!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Tech Support Barbie

I'm fairly certain that this is not the sort of recognition we want for our noble profession.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I dunno, I could think of worse things. Like for instance, The IT crowd. Yeah, I know I'm going to get flamed for that which is why I put on my asbestos bunny suit on first. But seriously, it's setting us back worse than any Barbie doll could.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Wes
        The IT crowd.
        And what is wrong with the IT Cloud??? Google & MS seem to think it is the way of the future.........sod, dirty glasses (or perhaps in this case, dirty grasses)

Now divorced Barbie not only gets Ken's house, car, boat, jetski, clothes etc but now she gets his IT business as well.

At least we know Barbie is anorexic. Lets hope Ken opens a restaurant and when Barbie gets that as well, I will be thinking of Mama Cass and a ham sandwich.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          At least we know Barbie is anorexic.
          That's so she can fit in the plenum spaces and string cable.
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

I quite liked the first series of The IT Crowd, it was quite Dilbert-esque in tone with the incompetent management and so on. It's become pretty farcical since then though.

I do get a bit annoyed by things like Chuck, or the protrayal of "hackers" in film, where if you know how to use one computer you can automatically use everything.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
              if you know how to use one computer you can automatically use everything.
              But surely we do -- at least that is what users assume (no, you dont need to know the computer name, or the OS, or what software they are running.....)

Barbie crawling around the plenum tied up with CAT5 -- thats an image I will find hard to forget
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X