good recruitment agencies in London ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good recruitment agencies in London ?

Ok so, in just under 30 days, i'm jumping on a plane and heading off to London for 12 months or so, we haven't decided yet.

With that in mind, it's time to start hitting job agencies and trying to get my name recognised.

Does anyone have any recommendations of particular agents in the London area they have had good experiences with, or suggestions on how I could best market myself...

We'll be living in Willesden Green which to my understanding is sort of NW of London.

thanks guys
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Re: good recruitment agencies in London ?

Online with some of the UK agencies is probably the best way to start

Good luck -- get going early!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I agree with Ossian, online is the way to go. There's definitely contract work available - I get fairly regular emails as a result of jobs I've applied for online in the past.

Some of the sites I've used:-
      www.theregister.co.uk (I know it's a news site, but their recruitment section is pretty good too!)
      theitjobboard.com
      reed.co.uk
      jobserve.com

With most you can submit your CV and the sort of jobs you're looking for and they'll email you matches. As these sites are often used by contractors you can also submit an available from date to match up with when you arrive.

Good luck with the job hunting!
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

If possible contact 247Hunting people. I used to work with them in the past. They are pretty good at their work.

http://www.247headhunting.com/

1 Bridgeman Road
        Teddington
        Middlesex - TW11 9AJ
        Telephone: 0208-334-8023
        Fax: 0208-181-6187

Comment

thanks folks
          I've already got reed, but I'll start firin up the other ones right now..

28 days and counting.. this time 4 weeks i'll be sitting at Melbourne airport. It's pretty scary..
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

What's so scary? Scared of flying? Scared of the pommy winters (and summers). Scared they will not like the look of you (or you have the wrong visa) and put you on the next plane home?

My words of wisdom......do NOT consume alcohol on the flight , drink lots of liquid except for the forementioned variety and get up for a walk every hour.

Wear sensible clothes (not polyesther since it melts to your skin in a fire environment) and comfortable shoes. They should be strong enough so they don't get cut to shreads on the broken, twisted fuselage of the crumpled aircraft.

If things do not go according to plan, do NOT be afraid to come home earlier than planned. Only those who don't try can fail. If you try the you can't fail but you may not succeed.

Lastly, try and meet Sembee and if you do, get a photo. it is worth 200 Reputation Points!!

Hope you are flying in a high quality Boeing and not those crap aerospittle airbuses.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

thanks biggles..
              just scared cause it's a big thing to do
              not scared, but.. nervous i suppose.

flying ain't so bad. it's the airports, the layovers, the immigration, the waiting.

my uncle got us cheaper flights with MAS, and iirc, we have a 777-200 for the first leg, and a 747-400 for the second.

Hoping the flights are quiet, so we can book out 5 seats in the middle and sleep on them :P

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                My words of wisdom......do NOT consume alcohol on the flight.

Its free though.......

Tehcamel,

Good luck with your adventures. I did the same thing i the other direction only a couple of years ago and its a massive move.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post

Its free though.......
                  It causes excessive dehydration in an atmospheric environment that only has a 10% humidity to start with. Keep hydrated and avoiding the good stuff PLUS getting as much sleep as possible helps keep away the jet lag nasties.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

It causes excessive dehydration in an atmospheric environment that only has a 10% humidity to start with. Keep hydrated and avoiding the good stuff PLUS getting as much sleep as possible helps keep away the jet lag nasties.
                    Who cares its free beer lol

Comment

spoken like a true australian

Comment

tehcamel,

Do you have a blog or twitter or something that you will use to communicate your travels? I'd follow it if so. I'm fascinated when people make such vast life changes. I'm also nosy.

Wear sensible clothes (not polyesther since it melts to your skin in a fire environment) and comfortable shoes. They should be strong enough so they don't get cut to shreads on the broken, twisted fuselage of the crumpled aircraft.
                        Thanks! I'm never getting on an airplane again. But if I do, I'll remember those tips. Seriously.

If things do not go according to plan, do NOT be afraid to come home earlier than planned. Only those who don't try can fail. If you try the you can't fail but you may not succeed.
                        I think you must have siphoned all of the liquids that you cautioned tehcamel not to drink about 45 minutes before you wrote that paragraph. I need some beer goggles so I can translate all of that.

Lastly, try and meet Sembee and if you do, get a photo. it is worth 200 Reputation Points!!
                        Yes, preferably pictures that are of superior blackmail quality.
                        Wesley David
                        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                        -------------------------------
                        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
                          spoken like a true australian
                          Thats the Scotsman speaking lol.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                            Thats the Scotsman speaking lol.
                            Scotsmen don't drink.
                            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                            sigpic
                            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
                              Scotsmen don't drink.
                              ...Unless is alcohol
                              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
                              X