X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas

Hi all,

Merry Christmas to you all!
    I'll be back in a few days. Right now I'm going to enjoy the holidays with my family.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Re: Merry Christmas

And to you, Marcel
    And to everyone here!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year all.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Merry Christmas Marcel and everyone else. BTW Marcel, I hope you've got plans for making and sharing a truck load of oliebollen in the near future...
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

I'm sure I will make oliebollen (oil dumplings) and appelbeignets (apple slice fritters) at new years eve
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yea...ve#Netherlands

Although I can't ship it I can write down the receipts and you can make it yourself
          I guess you might surprise your guests
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE

Comment

Looking at the Google image search for Oliebollen. Mmmm...
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

I can assure you, they are nice..
              Most Dutchies are already looking forward to them...

If you make them yourself they are (usually) way nicer then you would be them in a supermarket...
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
                If you make them yourself they are (usually) way nicer then you would be them in a supermarket...
                I don't know if I trust myself with vats of super-heated oil inside of a wooden structure. However, if you have any surplus WWII concrete bunkers with a gas line... no, make that an electric feed... than I'll be there to help out.
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Chicken.....

They are just deep fried in 190 degrees Celsius oil....
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands

Comment

They certainly look much nicer than the Deep-Fried Mars Bars that Scotland seems to be famous for. Despite the fact I have never seen anywhere that sells them.

I'll stick to the Cranachan at New Year.
                    sigpic
                    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

What? I thought you Scottish ate nothing but raw entrails and blood mixed with gravel and a bottle of vintage acetylene! Eating fluffy nonesense like this "Cranachan" you speak of will absolutely ruin your reputation. Although, you did manage to fit some whiskey in with the honey and cream.
                      Wesley David
                      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                        What? I thought you Scottish ate nothing but raw entrails and blood mixed with gravel and a bottle of vintage acetylene! Eating fluffy nonesense like this "Cranachan" you speak of will absolutely ruin your reputation. Although, you did manage to fit some whiskey in with the honey and cream.
                        We occasionally like to try and get some fruit in the diet. Besides it's whipped cream and whisky (Whiskey is the Irish spelling BTW) so is both fattening and alcoholic, so meets the basic criteria for a Scottish dish.

How did you know what's in Haggis incidentally? Only true Scots should know that!

On a related note (and slightly disgusting, so be warned!) I once heard a story of a Scottish student studying in England, who was asked to make Haggis for his flatmates. After a year of jokes about Scottish diet etc he decided to get his revenge on them, so he filled a condom with dog food and served that to his flatmates, claiming to be allergic to haggis. Apparently they ate the lot and complimented him on how nice it was.
                        sigpic
                        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Those Irish. Always trying to fit vowels where they don't belong.

Remind me never to make a Scotsman mad. Or at least if I do, never to eat a meal with one...
                          Wesley David
                          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Indeed, merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all!
                            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Heeeey!

Hope you are all having a great Christmas and that you all surpass yourselves on New Year!

Cheers and Festive Beers!

A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                              X