No announcement yet.

School biz.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School biz.

Thought I drop back in and let the forum know how my server 2008 class at communiyty college is going and perhaps get some feedback/explaination.

As expected some have dropped but most have stayed and I think all will "pass'. We are all really struggling including the instructor. First year the college decided to do server 2008 and first year using virtuialization.

Class should be a little over four hours per week but we just can't get into a grove and make any kind of progress, something is always confounding the professor and he just wears out dealing with problems so we get maybe 45 min of uninterupted learning.

I relate it to a buying the first year of a new car model,my class is having major "teething ' problems. I can only hope it goes better next year for the next bunch.

My college runs a 5 part (each part is pretty much a semester, they are 5 credit hour classes in Cisco). What is done is they break the 5 units up into 8 week blocks and they expect you to spend about 25 hours a week on each class. I worry the pace will be too intense for me ( classes are online only).

Hope all are well.

Re: School biz.

Moved to Coffee Lounge
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Sounds like you need to officially complain about the low instructorial standard and see if you can get it improved. Get the whole class involved with the complaint.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015

it sounds like the instructor is struggling with the new environment... alot of people seem to have this idea that 2008 is the same as 2003.. well, it can be.. but it's also very different.. and you need to sometimes think in a different way.

I bet the instructor is learning at the same rate as the rest of you, rather than being experienced in the product..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point