Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone find that software market share is inversely proportional to level of support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone find that software market share is inversely proportional to level of support?

Been working on a project for a few weeks to remove admin rights and standardise client builds for one of our customers. Got loads of apps to install and mostly using GPO to do it.

Most companies now do provide MSIs and documentation, for example I installed and configured a dictation/transcription package which didn't work and their tech support instantly told me that this was a known bug in the version I had, sent me a download link and gave me a direct dial number to call back in case that didn't work.

Now, Adobe reader. Possibly the most ubiquitous piece of software out there. Their website is impossbile to navigate to find the information, when you do find it it's wrong and there's no support at all. And even more annoying, despite my finally getting it to work and configured not to drop it's bloody shortcuts everywhere it still puts them back everytime you patch it. Which is weekly at the moment cause of all the holes in it.

Rant over now, I feel much better. Woosa.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Re: Anyone find that software market share is inversely proportional to level of supp

You cannot navigate Adobe's website. I always end up googling into it.

google: adobe customization wizard.

Comment

Re: Anyone find that software market share is inversely proportional to level of supp

Should have icluded in the post that I did get it configured and working, my main gripe was that after about an hour I found a PDF that was supposed to be a step-by-step guide and was almost entirely wrong.

Ah well, as bd as Adobe's website is HP's is far worse.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
      X