Greatest error eessage EVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest error eessage EVER!

I was greeted to this on logging into a kiosk machine. Sometimes, I feel the same way. At least I got a good laugh for the first time today.

EDIT: Strange that when I edit my post and correct the misspelling in the title the misspelling is still there. Yet when I go to edit it again, the correct spelling is pre-populated in the editable "Title" field. Could some kind admin correct my gaffe?
    EDIT x 2: Ah,"Title" is only for the individual message title in the thread, not the thread's title itself.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nonapeptide; 23rd July 2009, 20:03.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: Greatest error eessage EVER!

I Googled your error and couldn't find anything on it.

Comment

Glad to know that software can be as clueless as users sometimes *casts eyes up towards the sales office and grimaces*
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The error messages in RRAS have always annoyed me. You get "Destination Host Unreachable" in the console so you click Unreachability Reason and it tells you helpfully that "The Host Could Not be Reached".

Almost as impressive as replmon, which gives the date in standard format and then in US format on successive lines.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: Greatest error message EVER!

Or clicking on the "get help with this error" message on certain Windows dialog boxes only to have the help window open and say "No search results".

Thanks.

(Nice to see you around, Gareth. )
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Or Microsoft's intuitive hardware wizards, which never give you the options you really need.

Originally posted by BOFH
            “A hardware wizard has popped up on the desktop asking if maybe I want to remove some SCSI devices. But it only has a 'Yes' and 'No' box”
            “What other buttons were you expecting?” he asks, voice laced liberally with sarcasm.
            “The button saying ‘F-ck off. If I’d wanted a f-ing hardware wizard to read my f-ing mind, I would have configured the f-ing thing in the first f-ing place. Only I didn’t get an option to NOT install the f-ing hardware wizard, did I? NO, because someone at Operating System Central thought that everying f-ing one would want a f-ing hardware wizard to make inane suggestions’,” I say.
            I'm always around my workload has just been redlining for these last few months.
            Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
              Or Microsoft's intuitive hardware wizards, which never give you the options you really need.
              Like "smash with a hammer and light it on fire".
              Wesley David
              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Nah, if I need a hammer I can just go out into the factory and borrow one from Dave Bash.
                Gareth Howells

Comment

WHAT PROBLEM??? The button says it's OK.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

My boss' login script displays a message box... he didn't seem as enthusiastic as I was when he first saw it for some reason.

"Yes means no and No means yes. Delete all files?"

Yes | No | Maybe
                    Gareth Howells

Comment

My personal favourite is when you are using the "Troubleshoot Internet Connection" wizard, and one of the options is "Go online to find the solution.."

I mean SERIOUSLY, c'mon MS !

DJ
                      Daniel John
                      A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
                      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **
                      ************************************************** **********************

Comment

Working...
                      X