Office 2010: The Movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 2010: The Movie

In my introductory post here, I mentioned that being a Sys Admin is "not as exciting and glamorous as Hollywood makes it appear. "

A friend of mine recently sent me this, which proves my point:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/09/o...y-unrealistic/

Office 2010: The Movie trailer is woefully unrealistic

by Laura June, posted Jul 9th 2009 at 3:17PM

The Office 2010: The Movie trailer (for a film that doesn't exist) makes it seem like the life of a nerd is super dangerous, filled with excitement and beautiful people. We don't want to burst anyone's bubble here, but the reality is something a bit more mundane: fourteen hour days spent in pajamas, cereal for breakfast and dinner (we don't get lunch breaks), and families who constantly struggle with the question, "do you even have a job"? And only once did we ever have to jump out of a helicopter in pursuit of the ultimate KIRF. It's awesome to dream, though, right?

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUawhjxLS2I
    Attached Files

Re: Office 2010: The Movie

lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert R. View Post
      In my introductory post here, I mentioned that being a Sys Admin is "not as exciting and glamorous as Hollywood makes it appear. "
      Of course it is. The ladies go weak in the knees when we demonstrate our command of IPv6, regular expressions and blue LEDs.

What could possibly be more glamourous than flood-proofing your server room 5 minutes after arriving in the morning to find something's sprung a leak

Still, it's not all bad. Back in the day of Token Ring networks, you could have loads of fun with the users whenever the network went down by telling them someone disconnected a cable and the token fell out. You'd have board members crawling around storerooms by morning tea
      Last edited by gforceindustries; 27th July 2009, 02:26.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

That looks funy.

Comment

Working...
        X