Microsoft Learning Center cheated me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Learning Center cheated me!

I've tried to search the net but couldnt find who to contact in order to complain about this deceiving learning center.

They gave me MCSE 2003 proposal and didnt include all the courses required for this certification.
    70-293 is missing..
    who should i contact from microsoft middle east?
    please help me.
    PS: I forgot to mention that i've already enrolled & paid and I'm MCP now.. if that helps..
    Last edited by A.Z; 17th June 2009, 19:57.

Re: Microsoft Learning Center cheated me!

Can you give us more specifics about what course, where was it purchased from, etc.?

Also, on a personal note: In your signature you list MCSE (under progress). IMHO this is not how a professional represents themselves. You should not display or proffer any certifications or credentials that you have not earned, even if you're working toward earning them. This smacks of being a little deceptive and dishonest to me (I'm not saying you're dishonest, I'm only saying that's how I perceive it).

It's like me claiming a PHD in physics (in progress) because I've read a few Steven Hawkings books and took an astronomy course in college.

Comment

Originally posted by A.Z View Post
      I've tried to search the net but couldnt find who to contact in order to complain about this deceiving learning center.

They gave me MCSE 2003 proposal and didnt include all the courses required for this certification.
      70-293 is missing..
      please help me.
      PS: I forgot to mention that i've already enrolled & paid and I'm MCP now.. if that helps..
      A.Z, congratulations on achieving your MCP and do not be discouraged in obtaining your MCSE even though you are having problems with your training centre.

What modules for the MCSE did the training centre include in their course? This may be a simple case of misunderstanding and can easily be sorted out. We will need more information before you can substantiate a deception claim against the centre. Be very careful about making that accusation and naming the centre in a public forum. Do not do that here or the centre name will be removed from your post.

If you lookup Microsoft in your country it should give you contact details of some sort. If you can't find any contact details, post your country here and we will see what we can find for you. Even if you can find a Microsoft phone number, call them and ask who would be the best department to talk to about your problem.

Have you spoken to the training centre about your complaint. I would suggest any contact be by email then you will have written proof of the complaint and any replies from the centre. This can later be used if it results in legal action.

I hope you will become a regular on this site and please post any certification passes in the MS Certification Track Forum [Silly me, just saw your thread in the Cert Forum. Very nice pass mark, well done]. Any questions you may have about the exams, study tips etc can be posted here or in the Forum appropriate to your question. Asking questions and seeing if you can answer questions in the Forums is also an excellent way to learn because you often have to research the posters problem to find the answer.

Finally, I have no problems with the way you have made your signature. I look forward to the day when you are able to remove the (Under Progress) part. Don't forget you could also add your MCP cert to your signature.
      Last edited by biggles77; 18th June 2009, 17:44. Reason: Added info
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

A.Z, My apologies for any offence you may have taken to my opinion regarding your current certification endeavors. Stay the course.

Do you have any specifics for us regarding the 70-293 course you're having problems with?

Comment

70-293 is missing..
          please help me.
          Where are you from in the Middle East?
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
            In your signature you list MCSE (under progress). IMHO this is not how a professional represents themselves. You should not display or proffer any certifications or credentials that you have not earned, even if you're working toward earning them. This smacks of being a little deceptive and dishonest to me (I'm not saying you're dishonest, I'm only saying that's how I perceive it).
            Actually Joe, I did an expressIT course with Excom, which included a 'Job Seeking Advice' sort of course at the end, and they said that you SHOULD list what you are working towards IF you have started the path (In A.Z's case, he has the MCP and is working towards an MCSE, which is advisable according to Excom Professional Trainers..

Good luck A.Z, I hope it all works out for you, and I will help if I can.

DJ
            Daniel John
            A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I see your point but when I was studying this is what I put on my resume:

MCP
              A.A.S.

Studying toward MCSA certification
              Studying toward CCNA certification

Where I listed the degree and certification that I earned first and then listed my certification path. IMHO this is a more upfront representation of what I have and what I'm working toward. It leaves no room for ambiguity or misinterpretation.

Now I put this on my resume:

MCSA
              A.A.S.
              Studying toward MCSE certification
              Studying toward CCNA certification

Comment

Yeah, I can understand what your getting at there and yeah I agree that it removes the ambiguity..

Was purely stating how I was taught to display certifications on my resume..

DJ
                Daniel John
                A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

And as you can see I'm perpetually studying for my CCNA. I've taken the test twice and failed both times.

Comment

Guys,
                    I suggest we remember that, for the OP, English may not be his primary language.

Although "under progress" sounds slightly strange ("in progress" is more common), I do not think it causes any more ambiguity than "Studying towards"

Certainly it is better than seeing "MCSE" on a CV and on discussion, finding that the person has taken some courses but no exams.
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by A.Z View Post
                      70-293 is missing..
                      Well, if 70-293 is the last exam you should pass to become a MCSE continue with that.
                      Buy the (e.g.) MS Press book and do the exam! With the knowledge picked during the other examns this should be not that difficult.

Afterwards you can take steps to this educational center please do continue and become a MCSE!
                      MCITP:EST | MCTS | MCSE 2k3 | MCSA 2k3 | MCP
                      A+ Core | ITIL-F

Comment

Working...
                      X