Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide my interview

Job Description • Windows System administration
    • Working with onsite team, customers, SDMs to ensure services are delivered as per client requirements
    • Microsoft Windows OS server patching including service pack upgrades
    • Resolving different type of windows server related issues
    • Incident management (Resolving failures and service requests)
    • Resolving service requests include
    o Folder creation
    o ACL management
    o AD group creation
    o ………
    • Raising change tickets and implementing the same
    • Antivirus pattern file updates / software upgrade
    • Hardware OEM agent install / bios / firmware upgrade
    • Server commission and decommission
    • …….
    • Proactive monitoring of servers like checking disk space availability, AntiVirus pattern file updates. Hardware OEM agents upgrades Desired Profile 1. Strong knowledge on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 & Windows 2003 including Active Directory.
    2. Should have good knowledge & troubleshooting skills on MS Clusters, Windows Load Balancing
    3. Excellent troubleshooting skills
    4. Should have expertise in backup products
    5. Should have worked with Windows Resource Kit Support tools.
    6. Expertise in WINS, DNS, DHCP & TCP/IP protocol suite and command line utilities
    7. Scripting knowledge such as VB Scripts, KIX etc will be an added advantage
    8. Should have worked with OEM hardware (IBM/HP), & remote connectivity tools
    9. Should have worked with more than one patching & antivirus tools
    10. Knowledge of Windows Registry, including knowledge of modifying system registry to support installed applications and document configuration changes.

Can some one post interview queries for the above job profile..they are looking for a windows candidate with 3 years experience...so please post accordingly

Multiple comments are expected as each one has a different view

Re: Guide my interview

Somewhere on the main site there are about four sets of interview questions which make a very good starting point. You will have to provide the answers yourself

Are you being interviewed or are you hiring someone?

Thread reported for move to different forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Daniel Petri's MCSE and System Administrator Job Interview Questions - Part 1 - Networking
      Daniel Petri’s MCSE and System Administrator Job Interview Questions - Part 2 - Active Directory
      Daniel Petri’s MCSE and System Administrator Job Interview Questions - Part 3 – Exchange
      Daniel Petri’s MCSE and System Administrator Job Interview Questions - Part 4 - PC Technician
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by sysadmin1
        I am a bit annoyed by the above quote. Multiple comments expected indeed. I would also point out we are a technical Forum and not a personal agency.

Moving to the Lounge as this is NOT a Windows Server technical question.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thank you, Nonapeptide
          The very ones I meant
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by sysadmin1 View Post
            Job Description • Windows System administration
            • Working with onsite team, customers, SDMs to ensure services are delivered as per client requirements
            • Microsoft Windows OS server patching including service pack upgrades
            • Resolving different type of windows server related issues
            • Incident management (Resolving failures and service requests)
            • Resolving service requests include
            o Folder creation
            o ACL management
            o AD group creation
            o ………
            • Raising change tickets and implementing the same
            • Antivirus pattern file updates / software upgrade
            • Hardware OEM agent install / bios / firmware upgrade
            • Server commission and decommission
            • …….
            • Proactive monitoring of servers like checking disk space availability, AntiVirus pattern file updates. Hardware OEM agents upgrades Desired Profile 1. Strong knowledge on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 & Windows 2003 including Active Directory.
            2. Should have good knowledge & troubleshooting skills on MS Clusters, Windows Load Balancing
            3. Excellent troubleshooting skills
            4. Should have expertise in backup products
            5. Should have worked with Windows Resource Kit Support tools.
            6. Expertise in WINS, DNS, DHCP & TCP/IP protocol suite and command line utilities
            7. Scripting knowledge such as VB Scripts, KIX etc will be an added advantage
            8. Should have worked with OEM hardware (IBM/HP), & remote connectivity tools
            9. Should have worked with more than one patching & antivirus tools
            10. Knowledge of Windows Registry, including knowledge of modifying system registry to support installed applications and document configuration changes.

Can some one post interview queries for the above job profile..they are looking for a windows candidate with 3 years experience...so please post accordingly

well.. one of the questions I was asked in my interview was "tell me how you would go about converting our mail system from an external pop3 provider to an internal exchange system"
            my (now) boss knew I had no exchange experience - I'd prevoiously said that in the interview.
            However - on the strength of how i answered the question, the procedural thinking, and the process guidelines, things like that.. are what won me points.

what's most important is - which of those things CAN you do. you need to think up situations - when something has occured.. for instance:

"Can you tell us about a time you needed to manage a priority 1 incident. What happened, how was the issue resolved, and what did you do through out the process"

One I intend to ask the next interviewees we have is the following:
            "one of our clients has an issue with their PC.. the issue they have described is this. How would you go about fixing it"
            and create a totally pointless issue, that may not even have a resolution.
            I intend to do this not because I want to see if they get the right answer, but because it's important that they are able to GET to the answer.. the process they go through. It's a soft skill, troubleshooting, diagnosis, analysis, rather than a hard technical skill in, say, configuring IBM iSeries mainframes
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X