Holiday Complaints.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Complaints.

Found this in the local online news and boy does it have some doozies. www.theage.com.au (I would have linked to the page but this site loses pages. Sorry The Age. If you have any objections to me posting the page please PM me and it will be removed. Thanks. )

Beaches too sandy, fish scare the kids: it's a Fawlty Towers world for some touristsDAMN those wide sandy beaches and oceans full of fish. And let's not get started on the consistency of gravy.
    Honestly, it's enough to ruin a perfectly pleasant holiday, according to a list of recent complaints by not-so-intrepid British tourists.

Consider this "it's all your fault" rant by a woman who returned to Britain with an unexpected holiday souvenir: "My fiance and I booked a twin-bedded room, but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant."

Her complaint and scores like it, compiled by the Association of British Travel Agents and Thomas Cook, have done nothing to dispel the whingeing Pom cliche.

In one case, a British guest at a Novotel hotel in Australia made a fuss about his soup being too thick and strong. He had been supping from the gravy boat (bowl).

Another culinarily challenged traveller grumbled that "on my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."

Other British tourists found their holidays were spoiled because "the beach was too sandy" and "no one told us there would be fish in the sea; the children were startled".

One disgruntled wife declared that topless sunbathing should be banned because her "holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women".

While Australians love a rant as much as the next ticked-off customer, they are more likely to see the funny side of a bad situation than British tourists, Flight Centre spokesman Haydn Long said.

"Australians tend to be a little bit more adventurous and when you take the more adventurous option, you tend to be more tolerant of things not always being perfect."

Peter Hook, spokesman for the country's largest hotel group, Accor Asia Pacific, said Australians have a more laid-back attitude to travel because we've had to "overcome the tyranny of distance".
    "When you fly 24 hours to the UK, a park bench looks attractive compared to an economy airline seat.

Travel is in the blood of Australians and they also see the humour in situations. Other nationalities can be far more irritable."

How do you tell when a plane full of British tourists has landed? A selection of complaints from travellers from the UK

? We bought Ray-Ban sunglasses for five euros ($9) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.

? The brochure stated: "No hairdressers at the accommodation." We're trainee hairdressers will we be OK staying here?

? There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners.

? We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white.

? We had to queue outside with no air-conditioning.

? I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.

? It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during "siesta" time this should be banned.

? I was bitten by a mosquito no one said they could bite.

? We booked an excursion to a water park but no one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels. [My edit: just hope this person doesn't own a computer ]

SOURCE: ASSOCIATION FOR BRITISH TRAVEL AGENTS, THOMAS COOK

I would be more than happy to be bitten by a mosquito while standing in a non air conditioned queue waiting for the shop to open after siesta time so I could buy some local biscuits to eat while I went swimming because it would mean i WAS having a holiday.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: Holiday Complaints.

Man those Brits are horrendous lol.....

And before anyone jumps at me i am British.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Man those Brits are horrendous lol.....

And before anyone jumps at me i am British.
      So you are an Englishman, just like Ossian.

Actually you have been here over a year so you should be an Ocker by now.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I hate it when beaches are too sandy.

I have to admit, having worked with Australians, I find their pluck and humor refreshing to be around. Until Office crashes and destroys their PowerPoint presentation. At that point, run for you life!!
        Last edited by Nonapeptide; 14th April 2009, 01:52. Reason: Edited because imadork
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          So you are an Englishman, just like Ossian.

Actually you have been here over a year so you should be an Ocker by now.
          Tom,

Do you want the first hit or shall i lol......

Never be anything other than a true blooded Scotsman....

Comment

Mate, there will only be 3 hits. You'll hit me, I'll hit the ground and the ambulance will hit 90 on the way to the hospital.

Nah, you is an Aussie now and Tom is still a Scotchman.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

...and quite a few Hits on You tube
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Mate, there will only be 3 hits. You'll hit me, I'll hit the ground and the ambulance will hit 90 on the way to the hospital.

Nah, you is an Aussie now and Tom is still a Scotchman.
                I've not heard that syaing since i was a lad lol.

Na never be an Aussie. You class yourself as one yet

Comment

Wullie,
                  Since you left the UK I noticed that your English writing is getting poor.
                  Syaing??? Or is that some Aussie slang?
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands
                  http://www.phetios.com
                  http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                  "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                  "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Me associated with convicts........no way.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
                      Wullie,
                      Since you left the UK I noticed that your English writing is getting poor.
                      Syaing??? Or is that some Aussie slang?
                      As part of the process of entering Australia you have to have a partial lobotomy.

They really don't want to have the IQ going up any

Comment

Me associated with convicts........no way.
                        And there i thought you were head honcho for all criminals Australia wide lol

Comment

As part of the process of entering Australia you have to have a partial lobotomy.

They really don't want to have the IQ going up any
                          is that so you can understand the rules to Aussie Rules Football?
                          This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Comment

It is also refered to as Aerial Ping Pong.
                            1 1 was a racehorse.
                            2 2 was 1 2.
                            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by graycat View Post
                              is that so you can understand the rules to Aussie Rules Football?
                              Is that Aussie no rules lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X