Posting on Petri and flooding House in the process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting on Petri and flooding House in the process

With diligently replying to threads on Petri I forgot I left the bath running.

It has now flooded my downstairs corridor and has been pouring over my main electrical fuses.

Still have power. Used a tea towel to try to remove water and got a bit of an electrical shock. That gave me a brain wave for other replys.

Insurance company sending somebody out now.

I only realised when I started to hear strange noises and I listened for 5 seconds thinking somebody had broken in and then suddenly remembered after 5 seconds.

This isn't a joke but do feel free to joke about it.
    Last edited by Virtual; 18th February 2009, 10:59.

Re: Posting on Petri and flooding House in the process

Well one thing is for sure, we are not responsible for this
    Good luck with your insurance company...
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      With diligently replying to threads on Petri I forgot I left the bath running.

It has now flooded my downstairs corridor and has been pouring over my main electrical fuses.

Still have power. Used a tea towel to try to remove water and got a bit of an electrical shock. That gave me a brain wave for other replys.

Insurance company sending somebody out now.

I only realised when I started to hear strange noises and I listened for 5 seconds thinking somebody had broken in and then suddenly remembered after 5 seconds.

This isn't a joke but do feel free to joke about it.
      OMFG!!! I've never had this before! It's good you saw it on time, I imagine you sitting head deep in running water, laptop on your lap, and you typing frantically, breathing through an air hose...
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
        I imagine you sitting head deep in running water, laptop on your lap, and you typing frantically, breathing through an air hose...
        We're that dedicated to the cause!
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Yes Daniel, certainly am. Have my flippers on as well, my float for visitors should they come round and my doors and windows locked shut, as my rubber duck is having a field day and is trying to escape.
          Last edited by Virtual; 18th February 2009, 14:19.

Comment

Lollololo!!!
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
              Have my flippers on as well
              I got shot for calling them flippers, I believe "fins" is the correct name
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

What? No pictures?!
                Wesley David
                LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                -------------------------------
                Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Good point. Post pics or we'll call shenanigans on you
                  ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry m8 but that is so damn funny.

Comment

I am afaid there is not much to see. I hadn't even put any soap in, so the stains seem to have dried out. There is an electrician coming round today to assess and a builder on Monday. I had an isue 3-4 monthsago with water leaking from somewhere, so the ceiling and hal wallpaper was re-decorated at that time. It smells very damp,so I reckon it will need to come off. If it does, I'll get some pics then.

I can give you the pictrure of a flipper though on here. or should i say fins.

Comment

Working...
                      X