Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tinfoil Hats (Split from Honeypots in Misc forum)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinfoil Hats (Split from Honeypots in Misc forum)

Honeypots are usually set up by people who think they know too much and have too much free time. This person probably has tin foil covering his windows so that "THEY" can't read his mind. Is this person a Linux/Unix person? They're the worst.

Re: Honeypot

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
    Honeypots are usually set up by people who think they know too much and have too much free time. This person probably has tin foil covering his windows so that "THEY" can't read his mind. Is this person a Linux/Unix person? They're the worst.
    Tinfoil helmets are actually a government sponsored program to increase the effectiveness of mind control waves! I prefer lining my baseball hats with kryptonite and walking in a zig-zag pattern.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Right, I forgot you're not a native Ohioan. We use the figure eight pattern here when trying to avoid the cosmic mind control waves. you'll catch on...

Comment

No, no, no!
        Figure eights means the black helicopters have already caught you

Stick with the tin foil, but remember to go at least 8 inches down your spine
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Tinfoil hats are all well and good, but lets not forget what happens if you have braces or fillings

Is it just me or has this thread wandered a bit
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Rubbish! Tinfoil hats are appropriate in ANY thread here

Content split to [strike]Secret Black Helicopter forum[/strike] Coffee Lounge
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Tinfoil Hats (Split from Honeypots in Misc forum)

Quite tempted to put in wireless access points up in the sales office. Not connected to anything - not even power - and make that blatantly obvious... we'd still have people wearing tinfoil hats.

We had an IVR 'self service' support system at a previous workplace. 25 levels deep (it asked for confirmation of your user ID four times ), recursive, recursive, recursive, recSegmentation Fault: User rebooted

We called it Pandora I'm pretty sure I saw Amelia Earhart in there. That's right - there was no conspiracy or abduction... she just forgot her password
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Something like this?
                Attached Files
                Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Where did you find that image from me?
                  (ok I don't have glasses..)
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands
                  http://www.phetios.com
                  http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                  "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                  "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

We can see that, but who's the guy WITH glasses beside you?
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Well, on the moment I've about the same look into my eyes as the cat...
                      Currently I am also quite bored.
                      Marcel
                      Technical Consultant
                      Netherlands
                      http://www.phetios.com
                      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

This cat seems to have it all figured out. Obviously the Lizard People are trying to capture him since he discovered proof that the Apollo Moon Landing Hoax was simply a cover for the introduction of Tang and genetically modified Twinkies... both of which are necessary for the Giant Flies to assume control of the moons of Jupiter.
                        Wesley David
                        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                        -------------------------------
                        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

So the moon landing hoax was a hoax... clever. Well played Neil Armstrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X