This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't give Points to a veteran member

Dear Board of Director, I tried the other day to give reputation points to a member that deserved points and it did not work, well the button worked but it did not add any points to his credit.
    any idea why can't I show my token of appreciation to a beloved member?

more details at that link:
    http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=30786
    Last edited by SnakEye; 15th December 2008, 10:34.

Re: Can't give Points to a veteran member

Hi SnakEye
    Basically, the number of points you give depends on a number of factors including post count and length of membership

Rest assured there is a note of your appreciationon the members control panel, even if you do not see the points count change
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Could you please address me to the minimum requirements needed? since at this point I can't even issue 1 point.

Comment

Please check other threads on this subject -- we are currently evaluating different ways of issuing rep points and do not want to make the details public at this stage.

This is because there has been abuse of the rep points system in the past.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thanks, I guess I'll have to wait for the public announcement any time soon I hope

Comment

Working...
          X