• Show
Clear All

• petriforum user might be highjacked

Has L4ndy account been highjacked.

In L4ndy signuture it says

This signature has been hijacked ::.. IN GOD WE TRUST ..::

sorry if its a false alam

Re: petriforum user might be highjacked

As far as I know that's always been his signature. Still, I'll get the lard, rubber hoses and bright lights in case we need to interrogate him

In other words, I wouldn't worry about it. But credit to you for spotting and querying it

FYI though, in future it may be best to PM such concerns to an administrator - while the vast majority of users on here are able to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner we do occasionally get... less restrained users, who will take anything as an excuse to start spamming. Administrators (maybe also moderators) can see the IP address that each post originates from, and together with this they can observe the style of someone's posts to see if there is a change in style and IP which might suggest an account hijack.
    Last edited by gforceindustries; 17th November 2008, 23:36.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi Andysullman,

It must have been those Believers.... . Fortunatuly for me It hasn't been hijacked. Sorry for using such a colorful word.
      Even if that was the case though they would not just hijack an account and change a signature. It would be a waste of their time and effort. At the list they would just attempt to flod the forum with spam.
      Thanks for spotting it though but as GI said if in doubt just PM one of the MODS and they will take any appropriate action.

@Gforceindustries
      You might get a job offer from the FBI if you come up with comments like that .

@Mods
      P.S. I will edit if it's causing any concerns
      Last edited by L4ndy; 18th November 2008, 09:46.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
        Even if that was the case though they would not just hijack an account and change a signature. It would be a waste of their time and effort
        I am so tempted to do that now just to make a point

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
        @Gforceindustries
        You might get a job offer from the FBI if you come up with comments like that
        Nah I'm happy enough in IT. More power and less responsibility than the FBI
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          I am so tempted to do that now just to make a point
          You can do if you don't mind any of the Mods comming down at you like a ton of briks (No reference to the actual body weight intended)
          Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Gimme an hour to escape the mob (http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?p=134130) and I'll get on it

Just in case anybodyt thinks I'm serious - don't go hacking the forum. Or anything else. Play nicely and you shall have a biscuit.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Well fortunately we have some really good admins who keep good maintenance on the forums.
              So basically it's a false alarm and nothing to worry about

I will move this topic to the coffee lounge if you don't mind
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Coffee goes well with biscuits
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Could someone do me a favour and hijack my signature please, that would mean that I'd have one!
                  If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by g00ner View Post
                    Could someone do me a favour and hijack my signature please, that would mean that I'd have one!
                    I was on the same boat as you and in the end decided to do it myself. Can't get any hijackers nowdays
                    Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

http://forums.petri.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

Not sure if you'll be able to do that or not, but there's the link
                      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                        http://forums.petri.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

Not sure if you'll be able to do that or not, but there's the link
                        Thanks Wired but... it's not that I didn't know how to make a signature, it's that i don't have the intelligence to put something interesting and my mother always said that if I don't have anything intelligent or interesting to say then I should say nothing.

But as itís fashionable I'll keep my eyes peeled and plagiarise one or two others and make one that way
                        If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

But as itís fashionable I'll keep my eyes peeled and plagiarise one or two others and make one that way
                          Sorry, Microsoft have already patented that approach
                          Gareth Howells

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                            Sorry, Microsoft have already patented that approach
                            Damn, damn and thrice damn, the story of my life

Comment

Hey hey.... we got there and as I said plagiarism works the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X