Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is 1+1

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
    Could you also change your subject, as per the forum rules, to something that people can understand otherwise you may not get as may replies as you want.

EDIT: - I do like the "2+2=4, 4-2=errors" comment though!
    Agreed As a side note, I learned in Discrete Structures how to make 1+1=1, and 1+1=0. Scary that somehow programmers do this all the time by accident
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: 2+2=4, 4-2=errors

Go on Wired.... Explain it to me then! (maybe in a separate topic though!)
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

1 && 1 = 1

1 || 1 = 1

1 XOR 1 = 0 (what's approved syntax for XOR without trying to find a font with that symbol?)

XOR means eXclusive OR - like an OR it will return 1 if an input is equal to 1, iff exactly one input is equal to 1.

* Iff - if and only if
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

IIRC, it was doing it with standard math, e.g. 1+1=1. I'll look it up tonight.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

1 + 1 = 1 for sufficiently small values of 1... ? If you round to the nearest integer then that would work.

In the same way that 2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.
          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Split from 2+2 = errors thread in AD forum
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Re: What is 1+1

Surely in our world 1+1=10?
              BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Yes, if there are 10 types of people in the world
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Well,
                  For me 1+1=2 and 2+2=4.
                  I don't know where you learned your math but I think you all should go back to school
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands
                  http://www.phetios.com
                  http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                  "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                  "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

For absolute integer values of 1, 2 and 4 maybe
                    Gareth Howells

Comment

Put it this way, anyone taken a class in Discrete Structures (Math)?

Comment

Taken and taught
                        Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                        X