Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lehman brothers bankruppt and a warm shock to many share markets around the world...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lehman brothers bankruppt and a warm shock to many share markets around the world...

Hi,

You all obvious saw the picture of Bull in news paper approx 2 weeks back?
    I dont no its a logo of Lehmann Brothers firm or US share market logo ..It was everywhere ...

On the same day share market in India was down at extreme points.
    I also checked share markets of other coutnries. Same condition.
    What you people say about bankruppt about Lehmann?
    Was there any political move behind this to rise value of US$ ?
    Or it was that old american man who messed up and Lehmann Brothers declared as they are bankruppt?

It's in cloud that Morgan Stanley is on same path. Latest news is American govt has given 700 Million/Billion US$ to other 2 companies to improve there financial status.

What's behind this all?
    Submit your thought's on this ...

Regards,
    Amey.
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: Lehman brothers bankruppt and a warm shock to many share markets around the world

Let the America-bashing conspiracy theorizing begin!

Bonus points if someone can shoe-horn the Illumaniti into the theory.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Re: Lehman brothers bankruppt and a warm shock to many share markets around the world

this is not exactly a financial markets site, but since you got the right forum and it was once a specialty of mine.....

The US is going through a painful retraction of all its last 8 bountiful years, your markets and economy are reliant on the US market (sorry world) so our pain is your pain (and our gain was also your gain!!).

The EU and parts of Asia are the other markets and will gain from all this. Its like lunar tides, just more fun!

Sit tight this could get choppy....not sure how much you would like to know....
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

They haven't given away that $700 billion yet. The bill failed in the House on Monday. The Senate, in an attempt to spur things along, passed a bill that has an even bigger price tag and is now waiting for the House to vote on it.

It will be interesting to see what happens. The indexes (Dow, S&P, Nasdaq) are down big numbers again today.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Note to nonapeptide:

Don't forget the bilderberger group, the davos meeting, knights templar, and the old skull and bones.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
            Note to nonapeptide:

Don't forget the bilderberger group, the davos meeting, knights templar, and the old skull and bones.
            Let's throw in Elvis, Barney the Purple Dinosaur and Google just for fun. Actually, Google is much more plausible in a conspiracy theory than the others...

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
            The US is going through a painful retraction of all its last 8 bountiful years, your markets and economy are reliant on the US market (sorry world) so our pain is your pain (and our gain was also your gain!!).
            I'd like to suggest that the "8 years of bounty" was a false bounty built on overextended credit and overzealous small-time real estate sharks. Among other things, of course...
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

I just farted in my chair. I hope it makes its way to Tel Aviv.
              VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
              boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
              My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonboche View Post
                You better hope you've not stained the chair

Comment

This is an interesting New York Times article from 1999 that someone sent to me. I don’t follow politics so I can’t vouch for the correctness of this article.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...5AC0A96F958260

Note the date of the article and the third paragraph.
                  VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
                    ......... (sorry world) so our pain is your pain (and our gain was also your gain!!)............
                    Oops, you missed one....... our war is your war........ Thank you GW Bush and the 46 (odd)% of Americans who voted for him (and let's not forget the (un)justice system and oil company lawyers that also foisted him upon the rest of the world).

I had a dream and wondered what the world would be like if Democracy had one the day and Al Gore had been President. Couldn't have been worse.

America, 300 million people out of 6 Billion yet they are responsible for sooooo much going wrong in this planet. 300 million people and 280 million guns (law enforcement and military NOT counted), what a sound democratic place to be. Where the vice president can shoot a lawyer and not be charged but if you walk down the street minding your own business the cops can taser you to death because you don't look like you belong in the neighbourhood.

America farts and the rest of the world has to hold it's nose. Boy am I sick of it.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I blame it all on Australia because Australia has the luxury of not having to share a border with Mexico and worry about border patrol. Why don't you build a bridge to Mexico and start sharing your land with the immigrants. Also all you guys do down under is drink beer in the bush. Stop getting piss drunk in your home made aligator suits and solve some of the worlds' problems instead of complaining and blaming the US.

Comment

I can sense the sheet of flame approaching.

I'm going to bed. Wake me when it's over.
                        Wesley David
                        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

........ and solve some of the worlds' problems instead of complaining and blaming the US.
                          If it weren't for the US, there would be no world problems for Australia to solve.
                          1 1 was a racehorse.
                          2 2 was 1 2.
                          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

DUH?
                            First of all, we have enough stench of ourselves here... Don't need the help of others...
                            Second, is there a particular reason is Tel-Aviv? I missed something?

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
                            In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                            -
                            «««««

Comment

Let the America-bashing conspiracy theorizing begin
                              Yes sure there is the conspiracy theories which are largely unfounded but many people dont see why the banks should be getting bailed out when the people who were sold dodgy loans at 100% credit to N.I.N.J.A'S (No Income No Job or Assets) are not getting bailed out, on the surface it does seem a tad unjust.

In the meantime if these banks dont get bailed out the average joe doesnt realise how badly this will impact on them. The price of credit has & will go up & even people & business's who have got the asset base & servicability to borrow wont borrow because the price of that credit will be too high, leading to downsizing because they cant pay wages or consolidate debt. Mean rise in unemployment & slow down in economy & recession, maybe even depression.

However,this is where right wing politics & liberal philosophies fall apart. The financial sectors in the U.S & Australia over the past 8 years have been deregulated to the max to the point where banks & mortgage companies are just falling over themselves to give people home loans at 100% with no deposit, its just ludicrous. Or car loans that can be carried over to the next car & loan, when they couldnt afford the cheaper older car in the first place. A lessening of restrictions on credit cards so that people can get limits of $5k to $10k. Then there is unchecked short selling or regulation on it, so that short sellers can band together & companies the country wide are at their mercy.

The sad thing is there are how many of these masive institutions that have been severly impacted from this sub prime fall out & bad loan lending practices? Multiply that by the amount of excecutives earning 10's of millions per year because they are supposed to be smart enough to know where to put their money so that their portfolios are not exposed too much in one area, so as not to suffer such in times like this, but no, nearly every one of them fell for it & put too much of their portfolios in these sectors, with little diversification. Then want a redundancy package or golden parachute of millions for collapsing a company & losing hundreds of people their jobs, its outrageous. Fortunately the senators there in the US didnt cave in to the massive pressure they were under & pass the rediculous bail out package in its original form, good job to them. It needs to get passed , but there needs to be safeguards for the American people at large & the flow on affect to the rest of the world.

of not having to share a border with Mexico and worry about border patrol.
                              For starters we have had to ramp up our navy & coast guard to stop waves of Indonesians crashing our borders, we have stopped that now & secondly, not sure if you have seen much of Australia but its nearly the size of your Continent , but has land very similiar to the states of California, Nevada & Arizona. Pockets of green here & there, but mostly arid. We cant support larger populations at present.

Also all you guys do down under is drink beer in the bush.
                              Dammit, I didnt leave my bush cam on & embarrass myself AGAIN did I? You didnt see the bit where I was riding my Kangaroo down the road to my neighbour 40miles away yellin "crikey" all the way did you? Ok thats enough stereotypes & jingoism for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X