No announcement yet.

Is anybody here a MS Partner ?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anybody here a MS Partner ?

Is anyone on this board an MS partner ?

If so, what type of company are you? Just you as a freelancer, small business, etc?

If you are a freelancer, is it worth it ? How complicated is it to get on board?

I'm not looking to start freelancing full time (Need a few more years exp on big infrastructures) but sometimes I have contacts/friends who need to purchase licenses from MS and can't seem to get the right stuff from their distributors and always ask for my help...

So I figured I might as well sign up..

Is signing up possible even if you expect to do almost no business?
    VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Re: Is anybody here a MS Partner ?

You can become a "Registered Partner" merely by signing up. This does not let you use a logo or anything, but is free. It also means you can buy into the Action Pack (but now you have to pass an on-line exam to do so)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Does that let you resell licenses and/or online services?

I'm sure the exam shouldn't be too hard
      VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

There are several different Partner levels. For example, I have a Microsoft Action Pack Subscription (MAPS) and to get that you need to be a Partner. All that it involves is filling out a form. You can go to the other end of the Partner level where you pay serveral 1,000$$$ and require several MS certified members on staff and get additional access to MS help/channels etc. Something to get you started with.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015

I believe you are asking if becoming a partner (any level) will grant you magical power to sell Microsoft software, actually no. There are only a handful or two licensed distributors.
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan