powerstrip - can't order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerstrip - can't order

We do not accept email accounts from free email services such as hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc

I tried to order powerstrip but I get this error. I ONLY use Gmail.

I just don't get why they don't allow Gmail.
    FB:

"http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=659770093"

Re: powerstrip - can't order

????????????
    Where are you talking about????
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
      ????????????
      Where are you talking about????
      http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm
      EnTech Taiwan | Utilities | PowerStrip
      FB:

Comment

oh... errr... probably they don't allow public maildomains because of spamming.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by mtosev View Post
          We do not accept email accounts from free email services such as hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc

I tried to order powerstrip but I get this error. I ONLY use Gmail.

I just don't get why they don't allow Gmail.
          Because free email services are too easy to set up and later delete with no trace remaining of a bogus buyer, who has just used a stolen credit card to buy US$10,000 worth of goods.

Surely your internet service comes with bundled email addresses? Set one of those up temporarily just to order your powerstrip.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
            Because free email services are too easy to set up and later delete with no trace remaining of a bogus buyer, who has just used a stolen credit card to buy US$10,000 worth of goods.

Surely your internet service comes with bundled email addresses? Set one of those up temporarily just to order your powerstrip.
            It does but I don't know the password. lol

Ebay,paypal,amazon,.. work with my gmail.
            Last edited by mtosev; 8th July 2008, 15:12.
            FB:

Comment

I have my own registered domain name (5 or 6 years old now) but they still wanted me to fax a copy of my last credit card statement AND the front and back images of my credit card. AS IF!!! All for a US$187 purchase. So it is not only GMail etc.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                I have my own registered domain name (5 or 6 years old now) but they still wanted me to fax a copy of my last credit card statement AND the front and back images of my credit card. AS IF!!! All for a US$187 purchase. So it is not only GMail etc.
                Was this those powerstrip people as well? They sound like a right bunch of fruitcakes... I guess I know where not to buy one... LOL

An online seller doesn't need all that rubbish to be able to sell you goods... it's enough for them that the transaction goes through and isn't charged back LOL.

Tom
                For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

Knowing you, I'd demand a recent photo too
                  Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
                    Knowing you, I'd demand a recent photo too
                    I have a white fluffy face........does that help?

@ Tom, no, it wan't the same crowd. I had an email exchange with "my guys" and they explained that there was a lot of credit card fraud was coming from our part of the world and they were doing that to protect themselves and I quite understand their reasoning.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I have a white fluffy face........does that help?

@ Tom, no, it wan't the same crowd. I had an email exchange with "my guys" and they explained that there was a lot of credit card fraud was coming from our part of the world and they were doing that to protect themselves and I quite understand their reasoning.
                      Yeah but sending them the back of the card along with the front opens YOU up to credit card fraud, too... unless you send it via encrypted mail and you trust them implicitly. It seems too much to ask, for me.

Tom

Comment

Why on earth would I ever send someone a credit card statement?

Rule #1 of doing business with me: Don't make it HARD FOR ME TO GIVE *YOU* MONEY
                        VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

Working...
                        X