Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Need to know what something is called...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need to know what something is called...

I'm thinking you're in a shop which sells a small range of CDs and has a stand with pictures of the CD covers on it. When you press the picture, it plays a short sample from the CD you selected, so that you get a clue what you're buying.

What's the stand/device called? No amount of googling has revealed the source of such devices and my Wife needs to look into buying one.

Can anyone help please? If we knew what they were called we could go find one...

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Re: Help! Need to know what something is called...

Hi, Tom.
    I would look for "point of sale" or "kiosk stations". After all, I think that the CD covers' part is on the application side, sounds like you need the hardware for it. Take a look, for instance, at EasyTouch.
    Disclaimer: I am not connected in any way to EasyTouch, nor do I recommend their products. The suggestion is to see if I'm talking about the right product.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -
    «««««

Comment

I believe its called a 'Listening station'

see here

Happy Hunting...
      Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat

Comment

Sorin - thank you but I got as far as "Due to our cheap manufacturing processes in China..." and stopped reading I like to buy ethically where I can.

Samalako - thank you very much I think that those are exactly the thing...

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
          "Due to our cheap manufacturing processes in China..."
          I hear you
          I just gave those products as example to what I thought you were looking for. I am glad you know now what's that "something"

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
          In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -
          «««««

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
            "Due to our cheap manufacturing processes in China..." and stopped reading I like to buy ethically where I can.
            Ditto.... but over here it's very difficult to find anything not made in China
            I was looking for a stuffed animal that was made in the USA for my friends' kid but didn't find any in the toy store I was at. I did find some that were not made in China though... (Thailand, Malaysia, etc.) I didn't buy anything that day.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
              it's very difficult to find anything not made in China
              It's not funny ...

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
              -
              «««««

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
                Ditto.... but over here it's very difficult to find anything not made in China
                I was looking for a stuffed animal that was made in the USA for my friends' kid but didn't find any in the toy store I was at. I did find some that were not made in China though... (Thailand, Malaysia, etc.) I didn't buy anything that day.
                Get them one of those custom made bears. Can't remember the name of the company, but IIRC they're in the NE USA.
                ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                  Get them one of those custom made bears. Can't remember the name of the company, but IIRC they're in the NE USA.
                  Vermont teddy bear company.

Once you see the price however, you will switch back to China.
                  "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
                  X