Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4m credit card numbers stolen

Article from InformationWeek.
    Amazing that it took almost three months to discover it... Not that it would have take less for me, but, hey, I'm not holding any private/secured data...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Re: 4m credit card numbers stolen

The worrying thing is there are probably many more companies out there who won't spend money on prevention or security scanning. 3 months is bloomin' criminal.

Next they will be wanting to put all our personal info, iris scans, fingerprints on cards so they can steal those as well...
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Almost as bad as the UK.

The NHS over there sent personal information out via Royal MAil and it got lost lol.

Comment

An item in the London Metro states they are selling IDs for 50p a shot at the moment. I might buy a couple just to make sure I can be someone should they steal mine!
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
          An item in the London Metro states they are selling IDs for 50p a shot at the moment. I might buy a couple just to make sure I can be someone should they steal mine!
          LOL! Can you get me one or two as well? Lately I've had thoughts of deing someone else for a change.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I suspect we may be far down the queue...
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
              Almost as bad as the UK.

The NHS over there sent personal information out via Royal MAil and it got lost lol.
              no where near as bad as in the UK; in addition to that NHS flapp, they lost personal data of 2.5million people who claim benefits, left secret information on a train (twice) etc etc..

Last edited by biggles77; 16th July 2008, 07:45. Reason: Remove URL. Boderline spam (in my opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by sngee View Post
                no where near as bad as in the UK; in addition to that NHS flapp, they lost personal data of 2.5million people who claim benefits, left secret information on a train (twice) etc etc..
                Make that 25 million people. They lost the personal details of 25 million people.

Tom
                For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by sngee View Post

I worked in the NHS for some time as a network admin.The problem with the NHS is inherent because its a public operation that is literally torn apart because of Private funding initiatives who have no interest in patient welfare other than the profit they make. The NpFit is so lucrative hence why so many vendors have jumped on board and in some cases took the money and run. Naturally because its tax payers money its a bottom less pit. The money is completely misspent and the wastage is at gross proportions. There is not a global standard throughout the NHS and each trust/PCT is treated differently in regards to information security which to be frank there hardly isn't one and its enforcement is fairly vague and only a representation of the policy's and procedures in place by the head of the ICT.

Comment

Working...
                  X