Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't it worrying....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Isn't it worrying....

    ... when you get questions from people asking about Exchange and Group Policy and Firewalls... who haven't got a clue? Who has put these people into these positions!?

    It scares me! I hope none of them work for my bank!!
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

  • #2
    Lol, I've asked myself these very questions many times. I've even asked the forum, but no one knew the answer... Its irritating and scary.
    Andrew

    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

    Comment


    • #3
      Well it worries me when a network admin doesn't know the difference between an NT4 PDC and a Windows 2000 DC or what a global catalogue server or even worse and Exchange admin who doesn't know what a backend and a frontend is in their two exchange server setup!!!

      OUCH!!

      It scares the pants of me!
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

      Comment


      • #4
        Put another notch in your belt so it will make it harder to scare the pants off you.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by biggles77
          Put another notch in your belt so it will make it harder to scare the pants off you.
          Good one!! I like it! Pants are quite tight after christmas any way!!
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

          Comment


          • #6
            Wow, look at me, I can build a PC, and my boss thinks this is awesome, now I am incharge of his network, mail server, web server, and I dont have a clue what I am doing....

            Where's that "Any Key" gone, I had it once before....

            /Sarcasm off

            because some people dont know the actual complexity of running a decent network, or even what is involved in setting up a decent and secure network, they under-employ people to run these networks, leaving very serious issues with security, reliability, and just general hassle free networks.

            Also, lots of people are given this site as a refference for the MCSE training, and other network training, so they are generally not trained to well at this point.

            B.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mazda_brian
              Wow, look at me, I can build a PC, and my boss thinks this is awesome, now I am incharge of his network, mail server, web server, and I dont have a clue what I am doing....

              Where's that "Any Key" gone, I had it once before....

              /Sarcasm off

              because some people dont know the actual complexity of running a decent network, or even what is involved in setting up a decent and secure network, they under-employ people to run these networks, leaving very serious issues with security, reliability, and just general hassle free networks.

              Also, lots of people are given this site as a refference for the MCSE training, and other network training, so they are generally not trained to well at this point.

              B.
              Hit the nail right on the head!! Working in education you find quite a few people in network management jobs who shouldn't be there! Luckily our college are good about sending our technical bods on training courses and using outside help where needed.
              Server 2000 MCP
              Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

              Comment


              • #8
                Come on, guys !
                Chill out ! We all started from somewhere...

                And look at this from another point: if they all knew what they are doing, our salaries would shrink quite a bit
                Guy Teverovsky
                "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Again very true... but i dont think mine could shrink much more!!!
                  Server 2000 MCP
                  Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

                  ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The only salary I get is in a bloody salad.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      well,
                      i'm learned a lot from forums arround the globe. Sometimes they ask questions which i also didn't know before.

                      i think that we need to try give help to anyone. everybody makes mistakes and nobody knows everythink.

                      so lets try to help everybody with every question..

                      also i have reqular doubts about my knowlegde. but thanks to sources like forums and other resources like google i almost can solve every error.
                      Marcel
                      Technical Consultant
                      Netherlands
                      http://www.phetios.com
                      http://blog.nessus.nl

                      MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

                      "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dumber
                        well,
                        i'm learned a lot from forums arround the globe. Sometimes they ask questions which i also didn't know before.

                        i think that we need to try give help to anyone. everybody makes mistakes and nobody knows everythink.

                        so lets try to help everybody with every question..

                        also i have reqular doubts about my knowlegde. but thanks to sources like forums and other resources like google i almost can solve every error.
                        I totally agree! Ill take a look at most if not all the posts but some (most) i dont know the answer to! But ill try to help. But as i originally stated... its a bit worrying!
                        Server 2000 MCP
                        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

                        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X