Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experts Exchange = WTF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Experts Exchange = WTF

    Anyone else notice that Experts Exchange now obfuscates the text on their pages. I wanted to login to contribute and it pretty much looks like it is going to force me to pay to do that.

    What crap.
    Andrew

    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

  • #2
    Re: Experts Exchange = WTF

    umm, no crap... gets my panties in a bunch.

    just this morning i was dealing with the damn sku001.dll issue for office, and the reply at EE was what i wanted, and bam! blocked... me and you probably got cut at the same time, cause as soon as i got here, i saw this post...

    and you used to be able to view the cached pages from google, but that isnt working now either.

    that sucks...


    too bad.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Experts Exchange = WTF

      Indeed too bad. I guess they figured that they are better off with the payment from the ones that are regular members instead of trying to actually do good to the entire community.

      Another link removed from my favorite list (just like Deamon Tools...)
      Cheers,

      Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Experts Exchange = WTF

        Originally posted by danielp View Post
        ...Another link removed from my favorite list (just like Deamon Tools...)
        What? Daemon Tools isn't free anymore either? My world is collapsing around me.

        Hmm it's still there. Is there spyware built-in or something I'm missing?
        http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5
        Andrew

        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Experts Exchange = WTF

          Originally posted by danielp View Post
          Indeed too bad. I guess they figured that they are better off with the payment from the ones that are regular members instead of trying to actually do good to the entire community.

          Another link removed from my favorite list (just like Deamon Tools...)
          Daniel, what are you using now instead of Daemon Tools?

          Andrew, Daemon Tools is still free, I think it is just all the added on crap they have attached to it. I stopped using it after 3.47.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Experts Exchange = WTF

            Guys, don't you know how to scroll down (well, you do need to scroll a lot !)

            Somewhere below you will find the unhashed version of the answers
            Guy Teverovsky
            "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Experts Exchange = WTF

              Originally posted by guyt View Post
              Guys, don't you know how to scroll down (well, you do need to scroll a lot !)

              Somewhere below you will find the unhashed version of the answers
              Yes just like it was before.
              Don't click on any 'show answer' buttons then a cookie will be dropped on your computer that will hide the answers.

              You might need to delete all cookies prior to view the answers at the bottom of the page.


              \Rems

              This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

              __________________

              ** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
              and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Experts Exchange = WTF

                Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                Daniel, what are you using now instead of Daemon Tools?

                Andrew, Daemon Tools is still free, I think it is just all the added on crap they have attached to it. I stopped using it after 3.47.
                Depending on the OS I use Alcohol, Virtual CloneDrive, MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc), ISO Recorder by Alex Feinman and others.
                Cheers,

                Daniel Petri
                Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

                Comment

                Working...
                X