Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Again!!

Hey Guys,

Not sure you'd remember me, but I started posting on here back in Nov'05.

I was knocked off my motorbike and had a lot of spare time on my hands, as I worked in IT I tried to share and reap some knowledge on here!

Well things went down hill last year, that's why I stopped posting. I was very close to losing my left leg due to non union, but i'm pleased to now say I'm now all FIXED!!

Got the all clear from my consultant and am now back in physio and even going to the gym.

Hopefully I can now get things back to normal and try and help out on here again.

This has to be the most useful site next to eventid.net

All the best

Dean

Re: Back Again!!

Cna't say that I know ya Dean but welcome back. I'm glad to hear that you and your leg are going to pull through.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Hey Jas,

Me and my leg thank you

ATB

Deano

Comment

Welcome back, Dean
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

As a fellow motorcyclist I can only say I'm glad you're back. What's your next bike?

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
            What's your next bike?

Toyota Landcruiser would be a good idea, though I don't know if they do them in a 2 wheel version.

Was it you Dean that was going to undertake some study while you were "resting" from work?

I gave up riding motorbikes a long time ago. Found it too difficult doing tight turns with the trainer wheels still attached. Glad you made it back here in one piece.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I'd remember you Dean
              Good to hear that you all fixed now

Welcome back
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I remember you as well dude!!

Welcome back

Michael
                Michael Armstrong
                www.m80arm.co.uk
                MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by DeanPorter View Post
                  Hey Guys,

Not sure you'd remember me, but I started posting on here back in Nov'05.

I was knocked off my motorbike and had a lot of spare time on my hands, as I worked in IT I tried to share and reap some knowledge on here!

Well things went down hill last year, that's why I stopped posting. I was very close to losing my left leg due to non union, but i'm pleased to now say I'm now all FIXED!!

Got the all clear from my consultant and am now back in physio and even going to the gym.

Hopefully I can now get things back to normal and try and help out on here again.

This has to be the most useful site next to eventid.net

All the best

Dean
                  Dean,

I remember you posting in the certs forum looking for books i think it was.

Anyway welcome back and glad to see your still in one piece.

Comment

Cheers Guys,

Yes I was looking at doing certs while I was off, but it never turned into anything. Studying for my 70.282 at the moment though.

I also think a land cruiser wouldn't be a bad idea for a next mode of transport, although I think it'll be a 2nd hand bandit or similar.

Would love a Norton, but don't think i can justify the money at the moment!

Thanks again guys

Dean

Comment

Originally posted by DeanPorter View Post
                      Would love a Norton, but don't think i can justify the money at the moment!

Dean
                      Ooooooo, be careful. If their bikes are anything like their antivirus software, you will be in the brown stuff real fast.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

At first glance that's what I thought Dean was talking about... then I realized that he must be talking about motorcycles. http://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/default.asp
                        They look pretty cool!
                        Regards,
                        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                        X