Britiah sailors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britiah sailors

What should we Brits do about the Iranian kidnap of our sailors?

Re: Britiah sailors

I think this post should be moved.
    Will infrom the moderator about that.
    Best regards,
    Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I don't see why; it's already in the coffee lounge...?

Sluice - "we brits" can do (SHOULD DO) NOTHING. We have to wait for the powers that be to "do their thing". I think you'll agree that our Authorities have exhibited a measured and carefully thought out response so far. The rest of us simply have to wait; (i.e. if we start going out on the streets beating Iranians it can only make matters WORSE - however I would not be surprised if that started happening soon, because "we brits" are utterly barbaric sometimes )

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by sluice View Post
        What do you want us to do???

Comment

Sorry I did not notice it is in the coffee lounge.

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
          I don't see why; it's already in the coffee lounge...?

Sluice - "we brits" can do (SHOULD DO) NOTHING. We have to wait for the powers that be to "do their thing". I think you'll agree that our Authorities have exhibited a measured and carefully thought out response so far. The rest of us simply have to wait; (i.e. if we start going out on the streets beating Iranians it can only make matters WORSE - however I would not be surprised if that started happening soon, because "we brits" are utterly barbaric sometimes )
          Best regards,
          Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by sluice View Post
            Nuke Iran? That would be a nice start.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: British sailors

Lets get our people back first...

Its about time the true democracies on this planet decided that sometimes "jaw jaw" has had its day and a stronger response is required, and that some governments (note not nations) can, by their actions, forfeit all legitimate rights to existence.

Its just 25 years since the Falklands war and its interesting to compare the reactions (and capabilities) of Britain when confronted with "hostage taking"

Tom
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

HEY, stop picking on the peace loving Govt of Iran. They want to make weapons grade material for peaceful purposes. They want to blow all non believers to pieces.

I try and live by that Christian (because I am Chris) saying, "Do unto others before the bastards do it unto you."

The Iranian leaders (not the people) are nutcase fanatics. I guess I had better go and share a room with Salman Rushdie now.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Nice to see that tolerance and respect for other cultures is not dead...

Tom
                  For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

If war is the solution, hopefully the UK will find more support from the other EU countries than the US has in its efforts against Iraq. We [the US] bailed Europe out of 2 world wars and have garnered nothing but disdain and mistrust now that the Russian nuclear threat is gone. Even NATO countries thumb their proverbial noses at us.

I don't agree with what is going on in Iraq, but if things were reversed those countries who have done nothing to help would be calling on us for support. Bosnia comes to mind.

It's total BS that Iran took the sailors hostage and then forced false confessions out of them. I can be almost 100% certain they were captured in Iraqi waters as claimed - which means they were kidnapped not taken hostage.

Hopefully war is not the solution.

If war does break out...

Arab countries will claim it was a ruse. English soldiers intentionally entered Iranian waters so they could be captured so that England could declare war with Iran, to allow the US to engage Iran without starting it.

Even if it isn't true, it will be said...

First bombs will fall on Nuclear power facilities.
                    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I agree with Stonelaughter, there’s nothing we can do about the sailors, we just have to trust the diplomats to try and sort it out without a war, hopefully.

Originally posted by ahinson View Post
                      ... Even NATO countries thumb their proverbial noses at us...
                      The US is not on it's own, for better or worse, the UK is actually very supportive of the US and has stuck it's neck out to send soldiers and resources to many war zones in the world, and the UK don't get much support from the rest of NATO (the US excepted, of course – look at the other European countries that have pulled out of Iraq). It would have been easy for the UK to pull out of some very distasteful situations, but whether or not you agree with the principle of whether troops should be in Iraq or not, I think the US and the UK do have a very special and powerful alliance. For myself, I reckon we shouldn’t have gone there in the first place, but my view counts for nothing.

I worry about any regime who wishes to impose it's beliefs and way of life on any other - that goes for democrats who want to squash dictatorships just as much as "fanatical extremists" who wish to impose their ways on anybody else. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, and I hear so many NATO politicians talking about imposing democracy on Middle Eastern countries as if democracy was the only good/acceptable way of life. The US must be getting mightily fed up with being the world's policeman but at least it can count on support from the UK, as long as Tony Blair is in power, at least.

Good grief, why can't everyone just be nice and kind to each other? It's not so hard to do and would make for a really good planet to live on. Maybe I'm just naive. What is it with Catholics and Protestants hurling rocks at children who are walking to school in Northern Ireland down the “wrong” street? They still do that in some places in Northern Ireland, they should be ashamed of themselves. Sorry I've gone off topic, it's all so utterly depressing, the way people behave sometimes.
                      Best wishes,
                      PaulH.
                      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
                      X