Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oooops. A good reason to check your backups.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooops. A good reason to check your backups.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17702021/
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: Oooops. A good reason to check your backups.

Heard about this at work today. AFAIK, we don't test our backups either... Then again, some end user usually deletes something they "didn't mean to" on a weekly basis, so we still know the backups work when we come to the rescue
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      Gah! I wonder if they fired the dude with the itchy trigger finger?
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Being regulated at a state level we must test our backups on a quarterly basis to ensure proper data backup. We try to test every month also making image backups and storing additional backup media off site.

Backups do come in handy and there is no worst feeling then being without one and needing what's been deleted!

MePH
        "All technology should be assumed guilty until proven innocent." ~David Ross Brower

CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, A+

Comment

I've had something similar happen in a company i was supporting.

They had one server, NT4, no real backup strategy and someone, not me i hasten to add, deleted the WINNT folder.

Now they had no proper backup strategy and i think they would've lost about 1 years worth of work over a couple of days if i hadn' managed to salvage the data from a mirrored drive.

Comment

Working...
          X