Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Member status

Hi,

How does the process work to get from being a "Junior Member" to a "Member"? Is it based on length of membership,number of posts... how do you "get promoted" so to speak?

Best wishes,
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Re: Junior Member status

As I recall, it's number of posts.

I don't think of you as "Junior" regardless of your avatar -- so cute BTW (mine is about to turn 6 -- what a wonderful change the past 6 years have been).

Someone in the admin crowd may be able to tell you when it changes but I wouldn't worry about it. The quality of your posts speak for themselves.

Glad to have you aboard.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Cheers, Rick, it's a great forum.

Happy Birthday to the young 'un!

Best wishes,
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.

Comment

As Rick said, there are some parameters that are changing, according to your activity and "achievements".
        The Member status will change depending on your number of posts. Get to 50 and you'll see you won't be Casual anymore. (I agree with Rick, you're not casual for us ).
        The green dot by your reputation is changing also, according to your reputation points. To see what everyone (one, two and so on...) says, just hover on them. BTW, the reputation you give others will change according to this too. As you get to higher and higher ranks, the reputation points you give rise. The casual user starts with 1 point, the Admins give 10. All the others are in between ...
        Another thing is your "age" in the forum. There are stars you get for 6, 12 , 24 months and so on...
        These are the things I discovered so far...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
          Another thing is your "age" in the forum. There are stars you get for 6, 12 , 24 months and so on...
          These are the things I discovered so far...
          What stars?
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

You naughty boy, you...
            Last edited by sorinso; 9th November 2007, 21:28.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

I have already "YinYanged" a couple of people for their outstanding posts. It's a good system.

I thought the green blobs were barrels, as in barrels of wine, depending on how many one had consumed that day...
              Best wishes,
              PaulH.

Comment

For most of this group it would represent beer thus the often used smiley.

Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

And yet you managed a couple of glasses of wine at the foot of your post, I see. My favourite tipple is red wine. Italian, of course! Just going to pour myself a glass right now.
                  Best wishes,
                  PaulH.

Comment

I'm pushing for a :vino: smiley.

Biggles77 found the wine glass:

http://www.morewriting.co.uk/images/.../f_redwine.gif

Slap a couple of those w/ a space in between using the "Insert Image" icon on the "Reply to Thread" toolbar and you have a poor man's :vino:

I'll know I have arrived when this makes it to the "Smilies" (with animation of course).

The mods here are always mentioning going off to the secret beer forum. Well I'm off to the secret wine forum. See you there.

EDIT: I have arrived. We have a wine smiley thanks to the amazing GuyT:

Last edited by rvalstar; 11th February 2007, 19:58.
                    Cheers,

Rick

Comment

I have now consumed my rather large glass of Italian red and so am now rendered hapily incompetent.
                      Best wishes,
                      PaulH.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulH View Post
                        I have now consumed my rather large glass of Italian red and so am now rendered hapily incompetent.
                        NEWS FLASH !! This just in: I just got the picture from some paparazzi, and I bring it here, as a service to the community.
                        Last edited by sorinso; 9th November 2007, 21:28.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Brilliant!

But the gentleman in the pcture has considerably more hair on his head than I have. See my avatar...
                          Best wishes,
                          PaulH.

Comment

Those low-life photographers !! They swear it was you ... Well, I'll ask a refund...
                            Regarding the avatar, I thought I'm the only one to put his picture on the forums... Geeeeee! I thought you are much older !!

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Paparazzi - can you trust them? There are a large number of photos out there claiming to be me, but the only real one is especially for the exclusive use of this forum, it is indeed my avatar. I'm one of those "gifted children", IQ around 230, age 8 months, already an MCP and working towards my 50th petri point... is there no end to this baby's talents?
                              Best wishes,
                              PaulH.

Comment

Working...
                              X