Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Israel have a Parlimentary Government?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Israel have a Parlimentary Government?

I was just reading CNN and noticed that the Israeli president was being charged with raping his female employees. Anyway, I thought Israel had a Parliment and Prime Minister. Anyone know?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/...ape/index.html
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Does Israel have a Parlimentary Government?

It does... both
    The laws are passed in the Parliament (Knneset), that is ruled by a Prime Minister.
    However, Israel has also a President, mainly for symbolic duties. He is one appointing the PM, according to the results of the elections. And he is the one receiving the resignation of the PM.
    That's in short. I'll try to find you a source in English to read more.
    Two quick links: State of Israel and the President of Israel.
    Last edited by sorinso; 23rd January 2007, 20:07.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Yeah, but soon we'll all be swimming in the Mediterranean sea...

Does anyone here know of a decent job for me anywhere on this planet? Something that'll pay good? No, I'm not going to work with sheep, I rather work with what I know best.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Good question.

Politics !

1 of my favrouite subject. We have Democracy in our country. We have Prime Minister, president is the first person of country but not Prime Minister.

World politics is pretty interesting. As of now, USA is no longer a powerful nation from political aspect. Many other countries are gorinwg, At Europe they already started the stretagy i.e. EURO which has more value than US $ .

In Asia, China, India & Russia - I am waiting for a day to see the most powerful union on this earth i.e. China-India-Russia = Alll together.

Bush, the president of United States made wrong move by attacking IRAQ and by
        hanging up Saddam 2 days before the festival os Muslim religion. He threaten feeling of muslims. These are common comments from many people around the world. His next target is IRAN.....But he wont be successful. US failed to pressurise North Korea.

Anyway. I read somewhere "Politics is a difficult thing which is beyond understanding of normal human being". Hehe !

Some everyday news are > encounter at Jerusalem and Gaza ; Terrorist attacks in Kashmir ( India-Pakistan border ) & Chechenya & terrorists over there ( Chechen is part of Russia ) .
        Last edited by sco1984; 29th January 2007, 10:10.
        All in 1
        Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Yeah Polotics is really an awful think (In my point of view).

It does not have any degnity, meaning everyone is lieing to everyone no allies, no enemies. Your enemy today is your allie tomorrow.

I think the whole middle east suitation is really bad, and all fights are taking place inside Lebanon. Meaning the fight between America and Iran is taking place inside Lebanon. The fight between Israel and Iran, inside Lebanon, the fight between Israel and Syria inside Lebanon. This is really tiresome.

I think we will reach a resolution after all this, but people are greedy too much, and asking for too much.

Personally speaking, I do not think Americans will allow Iran to develop the nucluear bomb.

After all, yes polotics is very complicated, and lacks degnity and honesty.
          Best regards,
          Mostafa Itani

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I hear you, sanvour. I think the same.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

It's all a matter of money. Does the USA stand to gain anything from going head on with Iran? Will they gain control of their oil (like they did with Iraq)? If they think they'll stand a chance then they'll do it.

Personally I think that the USA is involved to deeply in Iraq, and since Bush will soon be gone and a democratic president will probably be elected, I don't see how they'll do it in the next 4-5 years.

So as I see it, we're in deep shit.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

A picture is better than 1000 words...
                Last edited by sorinso; 9th November 2007, 21:08.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Laughing my ass off at the pic! (sorry, this should be in the bad pun thread)

anyway, back on topic

i've never fully grasped how bad it is there, can you hear gunfire sometimes?
                  changed

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Murgatroyd View Post
                    i've never fully grasped how bad it is there, can you hear gunfire sometimes?
                    Neah, it's not that bad...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Nah, it's not that ba.... oh shit! What were we talking about?

Actually it's calmer now than it was 3 or 4 months ago, but I'm talking about the constant feeling that you're living on borrowed time.

I envy those that can live without the need to constantly monitor the news every hour.
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                        I envy those that can live without the need to constantly monitor the news every hour.
                        I'm not going to lie to you, that is me alright. The last headline i saw in a newspaper was "Dog impaled on broken fence," which is is sad and all, but it's ridiculous that they consider that news at all.

what are your views on how this problem should be approached? i am interested in this.
                        changed

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Murgatroyd View Post
                          I'm not going to lie to you, that is me alright. The last headline i saw in a newspaper was "Dog impaled on broken fence," which is is sad and all, but it's ridiculous that they consider that news at all.

Well, its marginally better than that stupid woman on TV making a pratt of herself which was all over the papers, TV and internet in the UK all last week.
                          Tom Jones
                          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yeah well, that's what I'm talking about.
                            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                              I wrote this sentence myself three times and deleted it afterward. Because I stopped being like that. I don't read papers few years now ( I don't believe a word anyway) and news I see the evening news. Once a day is enough...
                              Is something in us that makes us masochists... to be locked to the news every hour...
                              But you are right, Daniel... We all want to be able to open the news with a cat trapped on a tree or another nonsense from Paris Hilton, Britney Spears or another cellebrity...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
                              X