The Great Pun thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Pun thread

OK, this is to stop Biggles and myself getting too off-topic in other posts.

Very simple rules: Someone picks a topic and the rest of us put in the worst puns we can on that subject. If the topic goes dead for more than a day or two, someone can start a new subect! Oh, and lets keep the puns (and sheep) out of other threads

This is the plaice for fishy puns to start off with, so lets trawl for the very worst until we've haddock 'nuff

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: The Great Pun thread

I wonder who will take the bait and reply?
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Come on bouys and gills, this has to stop. I am sitting on my perch with a bucket hoping someone will come along and fillit. I have a tail to tell but I would have to scale it back a bit or someone might feel a bit gutted.

Is that what you mean Tom?
      Last edited by biggles77; 20th January 2007, 18:33.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Are you getting crabby, Biggles, or do you just think this is a load of pollocks?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

No, I am just looking somewhere over the rainbow. My eyesight is bad I just hope my herring is batter.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Cod, is that the bass-t you can do? Your mind isn't really at-tuna-d to these puns yet, so a turtle change of approach is needed
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

There's definately something fishy about this post. It not like the usual crab that is posted. I think the someone should report it to the big whale so it can be closed or deleted
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk
              MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                Cod, is that the bass-t you can do? Your mind isn't really at-tuna-d to these puns yet, so a turtle change of approach is needed
                Holy Mackeral, are you calling me a bass tard? Michael got sucked into this thread hook, line and sinker. Maybe we can send him out on a roe boat for a right whale of a time. I wonder who else we can reel into this? Someone called Rod or Anette perhaps? Was that one finny? I wonder if I can trout out another before I make a mistake on porpoise.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

How long shell I have to wait for a comback? I am doring you to do better and please do not clown around.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I'll take the bait... (it was night time over here -- although thats really a red herring). Actually I was herring this really good tuna as I trawled through my music and I got distracted. Whale, i'll be off as I'm in the middle of a jigsaw puzzle -- over 1000 pisces -- and I hake to leave it half finished - its all over the carpet-shark.
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Sorry Tom could you say that again, I sort of wasn't listening as you do Babel on.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Are babel-fish allowed?

How about a game of chess? prawn to king four to start off
                        Tom Jones
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

Comment

No thanks, I tend to get board, especially if it is at knight. I need to wash my catfish because it smelt. I know, cats don't like being washed, but eel be alright.
                          1 1 was a racehorse.
                          2 2 was 1 2.
                          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
                            It not like the usual crab that is posted.
                            i just laughed at work, you made my Muscles hurt (terrible i know)
                            changed

Comment

To app-roach this from a different angler, let us consider the pun as the bass-is of all humour. You may carp, but thats very shad if you do. Just think about it, Biggles, if I came to visit you, would you whelk-ome me to Oyster-alia?

Now can you kipper this thread alive (alive-oh) or is it time to krill it?
                              Tom Jones
                              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                              IT Trainer / Consultant
                              Ossian Ltd
                              Scotland

Comment

Working...
                              X