Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Cricket 2007 !!!!!

Hello,
    I thought it wouldnt be bad to discuss about upcoming world cup cricket 2007 event. Seems plenty english,Aussie and NZ people around this forum. I am sure all you cricket lovers already have shedule of 2007 World Cup cricket. If you dont have shedule with you, you can simply drop e-mail to me, and i'll forward the shedule to you or check out at espnstar.

I am from India as you can see next to my "avatar". I am cricket fan obviously.
    But i lost my interest last year when India was not winning any game at all. Now again i am a cricket fan. Lotsa new players like Irfan Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Sri santh . Sri Santh packed many wickets during our recent South Africa tour. I hope he'll show his talent in World Cup 2007.

So here are few questions i want to ask >>>

1. Who will win this world cup ?

2. Who will get prize of batsman ?

3. Who will grab maximum wickets ?

& Who is your favrouite batsman & bowler .

My answers are as follows .

1. India may be
    2. Aussie or Indian batsman
    3. Anil Kumble or Muralidharan

Fav batsman > Sachin Tendulkar
    Fav bowler > Glenn McGrath
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Re: World Cup Cricket 2007 !!!!!

Cricket

Fancy name for Rounders

Comment

Ah, I never understood it, and what's even worse, I never understood how so many millions of ex-British subjects think it's so "British" to play it...

Perhaps I should keep my mouth shut.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
        Cricket

Fancy name for Rounders
        Nah, the fancy name for Rounders is Baseball

(ducks for cover when the USA wakes up)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I would rather watch grass grow than watch Test Cricket. Much more action watching the grass. Cricket :yawn:
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            Nah, the fancy name for Rounders is Baseball

(ducks for cover when the USA wakes up)
            You'll get no fuss from The Yanks as they believe they invented the game.
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
              You'll get no fuss from The Yanks as they believe they invented the game.
              Hey, I resemble that! "America's Pastime" I was on the Little League All-Star team in 1992. (don't think I've matured at all since then)
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I only see baseball matches in hollywood movies fewer times. Cricket is famous game in more than 14 countries world wide. I think baseball is very limited game.
                I never baseball matches in any south asian country or i read news about it. But yes i always read news in sports section about French Open tennis , Australian Open and other tournaments.

major difference between baseball and cricket is, toplay cricket you dont need specific "stick" or gloves or baseball Ball. Just pick and notepad, or wood stick which is broad or anything which can be a Bat..hehe ! Come to India and u'll see all small lanes in most cities are filled with youngsters playing the "Street Cricket". Yeah ...Its a funny sport can be played anywhere..haha ! When i was in school we used to play at terrace with Ball made up of plastic. And wooden made Bat for childrens.

Here some preference for those who really dont no about Cricket.

In Cricket match there are two opponants in every match as usual in BaseBall, Tennis or in Soccer.

Both teams contains 11 players.

There is a Toss. A coin they put on a thumb and throw in air, and captains from both team are there.1 of them says head or tails. If it tails he have option to choose to select batting or bowling.

There is a pitch of 22 yards.

Hmm ....And much more....Search at Wikipedia and you'll get idea of Cricket in depth. ALright then,

Phir Milenge,
                Amey Abhyankar.
                [ Phir Milenge = See you again / it's a Hindi word. Hindi is our national language. English is an official language in India. ]
                All in 1

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                  I would rather watch grass grow than watch Test Cricket. Much more action watching the grass. Cricket :yawn:
                  Ah well you are ok then cause the Cricket World Cup is 50 overs each... not a 5 day test match
                  Server 2000 MCP
                  Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Oh and isn't todays match a scorcher. 156 runs to win. :yawn:

World Series Baseball. Name the countries in the World that participate in the "World Series"? Clue, it is a country that thinks the Sun revolves around them.

Sco, baseball is very popular in Asia. They even have championship games between countries each year. Also, baseball is very big, huge even, in Japan (which, unless I am mistaken, is in Asia).

Cricket, "they toss a coin" then one set of tossers go into the field and the other set of tosser bat.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                      Oh and isn't todays match a scorcher. 156 runs to win. :yawn:
                      Also, baseball is very big, huge even, in Japan (which, unless I am mistaken, is in Asia).
                      So desu ka ! Even some japanese youngsters also plays golf as well. I dont no why,but i never heard of Baseball news in MSN .,Japan, or at BBC's Asia sports page or at msnbc's Asia today sports page.
                      All in 1

Comment

Originally posted by sco1984
                        So desu ka !
                        It is actually, Sou desu ka, tomodachi!! Hai?

Say Thank you http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Are there actually any crocket fans here???

I was in Brisbane when the ashes had just started.

BTW Biggles i'm coming to Melbourne for a holiday in Nov so get the beers chilled and the barbie on.

Comment

Yes im quite a big cricket fan.... but not a fan of england cricket at the moment!!
                            Server 2000 MCP
                            Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

I was in Brisbane when the ashes had just started.

BTW Biggles i'm coming to Melbourne for a holiday in Nov so get the beers chilled and the barbie on.

Will see what I can do. Give me plenty of warning so be sure to phone a couple of hours before you are due to arrive. (Don't want you to arrive and we have an empty gas bottle, though hopefully by Nov I will have it connected to mains gas).
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X