Cars and toys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars and toys

Well this is the offtopic section and we all work (or pretend, depending on what we do)...so my question is this. What do you spend your hard earned $ on? Cars, toys, boats etc?

Myself, a pretty big car nut. Like modifying them etc on the weekends, gets me away from computers and also gets the hands dirty. Now that I am in London I don't have a car, but once I get home I am looking to buy another Nissan 200sx, probably a 2002 model. A house will be high on the agenda too, complete with a decent home cinema. At the moment I seem to spend most of my money on travelling around Europe on weekends.

Re: Cars and toys

I'm also a keen car fan. Currently got a Seat Ibiza Cupra (180bhp) drinks petrol like mad

Also in the process of buying a house but depending on the price of the house I think the car may have to go

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Yes the old hp/fuel issue. My last Nissan back in Oz made a little over 350hp at the wheels, when that thing was on song it would drink fuel like no mans business, that being said, a 50L tank would get me up to 550ks on a long highway drive.

I want to buy a really nice plasma tv, at work we have a heap of 52" Sony Bravia's, makes me sad to go home to my 34cm tube tv.

Comment

Well i spend all mine on BEER

Comment

Being a home owner, I actually end up employing a bank....well that's where all my money goes.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

At least you have an appreciating asset Biggles ! I will be doing the same when I return home (Perth) from London, mind you housing prices have gone through the roof of WA, not a good thing for a 1st home buyer.

Speaking of toys, I am thinking about getting a PSP, used the location free tv on one yeterday at work, absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by hks-s14
              I am thinking about getting a PSP
              Yeah, I'm thinking of getting one as well. Just accepted a new job in town with is a 30 min bus ride away. One of these would definately cure the boredom on a long bus journey

Michael
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk
              MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I'm Skint (That's Yorkshire for devoid of capital!)

A Wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs and a mortgage see to that.. Apart from the fact that in this particular area unless you have an MCSE the wages are very poor, having said that the wages for MCSE arn't super []
                The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
                ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by AndyUK
                  I'm Skint (That's Yorkshire for devoid of capital!)

A Wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs and a mortgage see to that.. Apart from the fact that in this particular area unless you have an MCSE the wages are very poor, having said that the wages for MCSE arn't super []
                  Let me guess, you lived in shoebox in middle o' road and used to dream of living in corridor.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
                    Let me guess, you lived in shoebox in middle o' road and used to dream of living in corridor.

Eh up lad, syther at yon!

More Yorkshire speak!

I spend my money on golf clubs, cars, computer bits, games, tools... usual man stuff and my other half spends most of it before it even gets into my bank!
                    Server 2000 MCP
                    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
                      Shoebox.... SHOEBOX.... You were lucky..... All we 'ad was wet paper bag....

I can see this thread heading steadily downhill from here -- anyone want to resurrect a dead parrot?

Tom
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
                        Shoebox.... SHOEBOX.... You were lucky..... All we 'ad was wet paper bag....

I can see this thread heading steadily downhill from here -- anyone want to resurrect a dead parrot?
                        Not really

Originally posted by m80arm
                        Just accepted a new job in town with is a 30 min bus ride away. One of these would definately cure the boredom on a long bus journey
                        ??!?!?!?!!! Don't move to the Washington DC metro area. I have a 45 min commute and that's considered short 'round here.
                        Regards,
                        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW
                          Not really

??!?!?!?!!! Don't move to the Washington DC metro area. I have a 45 min commute and that's considered short 'round here.
                          If I had the choice of Washington (USA) or Newcastle (UK) I think I would definatley choose the USA.

I plan on living / working in New York in the next 3 - 4 years (Everyone has to have dreams)

Michael
                          Michael Armstrong
                          www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Go for NYC. I hear their mean commute is shorter... but I think the cost of living is higher.
                            Regards,
                            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian

Tom
                              That parrot's not dead, it just pining for the fiords!! Tom, we are showing our age and insanity and LOVING it!! Do you like SPAM? How about candid photos, nudge nudge wink wink?? (About now 99% of all readers will think I'm nuts (well more nuts than usual) but we know better.

Originally posted by tonyyeb
                              Everyone has to have dreams
                              I have a dream that one day all computers would be equal........... (That had to be one of, if not the, greatest speech ever spoken)
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X