This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Hi, Welcome, Introduction - archive #3

Welcome to the Petri.co.il forums. Please post your "Hi" message here on this thread. Please do NOT put your "Hi" message as a separate thread, post it here (click on "Post Reply" in this thread).

After doing so, and BEFORE posting on the live forums, make sure you read the general forum instructions and rules found on top of each forum. Posting content not according to the forum rules will get you banned. Myself and the other moderators usually shoot first and ask questions later.

So have a good stay, share your knowledge, contribute to the community, but be warned that this community will not tolerate posts that are not according to my rules.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Re: Hello, Hi, Welcome, Introduction - Newcomers - post HERE

Hi

My name is Steven, I live outside of Chicago and enjoy screwing around with computers (and sometimes even getting paid for it )

Comment

hi its kamal from kolkatta india

Comment

Hi I'm from Kent in england just passed A+ and hoping this site will help me on my way to 70-270 and upwards to mcse/mcsa

Comment

Hi,
          im Henrik Thomsen from Denmark, male, 31 years atm.

Comment

Kathryn from Southern California, USA. 17 years in IT. primarily as Windows domain admin.

Comment

Hi,

I'm Rio from Indonesia, nice to meet u all,

Comment

Hi to all of you and hope you all enjoy the forums. Kathryn, 17 years in IT. That is impressive!! You were one of the pioneering women in a male dominated (and still is) profession. Very impressive indeed and good onya!! (sorry, no clapping smileys)
                Last edited by biggles77; 15th October 2006, 08:48.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Just wrote a whole page of self-effacement as introduction and now it is gone - was told I wasn't logged in although I had. Shall try again soon - Amos. Well, here I am again after some rest. First learned of Petri.co.il when I tried to double-boot an XP with 98SE , AFTER the XP was there (the other way round is no problem). My first real computer work was in the early 1970s when I lived in Israel (have travelled the world before and after) and taught a printer to accept Hebrew text from a radio-shack 32k "computer". That was of course in BASIC, and the program was saved on a VCR sound tape. Later had no time to learn other comp languages. I run one state-of-the-art computer with Pentium d, supervise three more two of which are XP Pro (same as the one I run) and the third a 98SE on Pentium 3. Had a two year battle with AMD Sempron CPU, finally gave up. Am really impressed by the knowledge and titles of the Forum members and moderators. I usually define myself as of "intermediate" knowledge but compared to you folks, I look at best like a beginner. Oh, almost forgot: I am a semi-retired media person. Keep up the good work - Amos.
                  Last edited by amos16; 15th October 2006, 17:19.

Comment

Hello !
                    I'm very happy to joint the comunity of << Petri.co.il >>.
                    As a former student of Mr. Daniel Petri, I would like to express my sincere thanks for his teaching
                    and of course for this wonderful site. I hope to learn much and - maybe - to help a little.
                    Thanks for the warm Welcome and good-bye !
                    Iusi
                    Last edited by Iusi; 15th October 2006, 08:16.

Comment

Hi to Amos and Iusi and welcome to the Forums.

Iusi as a former student of the exulted one (DP), you will be able to divulge at what stage his capacity is reached and has to go and do an offline backup via a floppy utility or indeed has a system crash and goes into sleep or hybernation mode? (This info will just be between us, nobody else will ever know )
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi!

I'm very impressed from this site!

Comment

Hello all!

Real name is Janne. I've been in IT for almost 7 years now. Started as Support person, now working as Sysadmin (rootus rootus )

Age is 24, and first contact with computers was when I was 4 And machine was, of course, Commodore 64!

And I live in Turku, Finland. Waiting for winter and snow...

Hassu

Comment

nice site Daniel! looks like great community synergy. - name is John and now living in NC, USA, run a few networks, including my own at home, interface with IT user groups, and enjoy life.

Comment

Hello all,

I've been a fan of Daniel's site for some time now, and I'm just joining now. Daniel keep up the good work!!!

Peter from USA

Comment

Working...
                              X