No announcement yet.

Anyone using Box, Dropbox, or OneDrive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Box, Dropbox, or OneDrive?

We use Dropbox on a daily basis here on the Petri IT Knowledgebase editorial team for sharing files, etc. I'm curious: How many of you are using OneDrive, Dropbox, or Box for file sharing in your own organizations?

If you've decided on using one over the others, why did you pick what you did?
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Jeff James
    Editorial Director, Content and Community - www.petri.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeffjames3
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffjames3

Re: Anyone using Box, Dropbox, or OneDrive?

I use DropBox, SugarSynch, Box and occasionally OneDrive. I use DropBox (free) because I work with a number of partners who rely on it. I have a paid subscription to SugarSynch which I like because I can pick which folders to synch so I don't have to have everything under one location. Box comes in handy with Thunderbird when I have a large attachment. I have a Thunderbird extension that will upload to my account and insert a link into the email.

Comment

I worked in small environments where iPads became the "must have" craze and so Dropbox was the choice for storing files since we didn't have the resources to store them onsite. Needless to say the Dropbox filled up very quickly.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i use dropbox personally, and my company is a dropbox for business provider...

i have unlimited dropbox storage, both personal and company.
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

SkyDrive for me, and yes I'm still calling it that.

The company I used to work for was an MS partner so it made sense to use MS products and services. Also already had a Live ID from being an MCP so no need for extra signups. As a contractor now it's a useful place to keep documents, how tos, tools etc that I can access on just about any device, even my phone in a pinch.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Also, getting Office 365 will give you unlimited OneDrive storage. It's cheaper than DropBox so it seems like a no brainer to me...
            http://blogs.office.com/2014/10/27/o...5-subscribers/
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
            X