No announcement yet.

Cloud Directory Services

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Directory Services

Been a while since I have participated here, owing to some really cool project works... Anyway, hello again!

I have a question for you and I hope this doesn't come of wrong... Im not selling anything nor am I promoting anything. Im looking for feedback from fellow engineers and architects and this is the first group I thought of. If this is not in the correct location, can someone please point me in the correct direction and if this is inappropriate, please feel free to delete it (but pm me what was in violation).

If you were looking to move Microsoft Active Directory into a cloud computing platform, what would the entry bar be with regards to security? What would the use case be? Would you be willing to allow a cloud provider to completely managed your directory and allow you only RBAC to manage the data (users, groups, computers etc). Would you be interested in extending your current on premise forest into the cloud and share privileged management of the directory? Would you be inclined to use a cloud based directory if it were completely managed by the provider and you created and managed a trust between it and your existing on-premise directory?

if you consider the term "Managed Active Direcotry Service", what does managed mean to you - How would you define this or what would your expectations be?

if you had interest in a cloud directory service, what features would you like to see? What makes it interesting, or what would need to be provided to get you interested? Is there anything you wish Active Direcotry could do that is currently missing?

If you wish to share answers outside this thread or would like to discuss any of these topics, please PM me and I will share contact information.

Mods: Again, I apologize if this is inappropriate.
    Last edited by userPrincipalName; 3rd March 2015, 20:29.
    Rules of life:
    1. Never do anything that requires thinking after 2:30 PM
    2. Simplicity is godliness
    3. Scale with extreme prejudice

I occasionally post using a savantphone, so please don't laugh too hard at the typos...

Re: Coud Directory Services

Originally posted by userPrincipalName
    If you wish to share answers outside this thread or would like to discuss any of these topics, please PM me and I will share contact information.
    Please post ALL feedback etc in this thread so all of our Members can benefit from this. The thread will be moved into an appropriate Cloud Forum (possibly Microsoft Azure Forum being the more appropriate of those listed) so it will hopefully attract more traffic and as a result more info. I will do this once I have had a few hours of discussion with Mr Sandman for I would surely stuff up the move in my condition (unless someone beats me to the move).

Your initial location for your thread is not a problem.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Coud Directory Services

I'm moving it...
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **