Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud companies in the future

There is something I don't understand:

In the future, 90% of the companies will have their IT infrastructure in either AWS, Azure, Google , or a very other few providers? , just as you join a phone provider over the other?

What I mean by this:

There won't be any IT guys in a typical medium sized company, because all the IT infrastructure is in the cloud, therefore, the issues that arise will be resolved by this external staff ?

If I am a small newly created company, what services can I provide when those giant already provide them ?
    -
    Madrid (Spain).

"In the future, 90% of the companies will have their IT infrastructure in either AWS, Azure, Google , or a very other few providers?" - Where are you getting that percentage from? That seems dubious at best.

"There won't be any IT guys in a typical medium sized company, because all the IT infrastructure is in the cloud, therefore, the issues that arise will be resolved by this external staff?" - There isn't any external staff. Microsoft, Amazon, Google, etc. don't manage your cloud computing resources directly. They manage the cloud computing platform itself. If your cloud server, application or service crashes, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, etc. aren't going to troubleshoot it and fix it for you. If you have problems with the platform itself then they'll fix that but they're not going to fix your website if it breaks.

"If I am a small newly created company, what services can I provide when those giant already provide them?" - Again, they're not providing the types of services you think they're providing. Who's going to manage all of this stuff in the cloud for Acme Co.? Microsoft isn't going to manage Exchange, AD, SAP, etc., etc. for Acme company. Microsoft provides the platform for these services, they don't manage them for you. Do you think Microsoft sets up new user accounts and mailboxes for you when a new employee is hired at Acme Co.? They don't. Someone at Acme company has to do that.
    Last edited by joeqwerty; 30th July 2016, 18:14.

Comment

Thanks joeqwerty.

1. I said 90% meaning = almost all

2. So, they only gave me the servers? a bunch of redundant servers? , if AD gets corrupted, they won't come to help ?. So, all the companies will still need a System Administrator: Exchange, AD, Backups ? , because again, as little as I know, onedrive will be the new file server on the cloud, redundant servers, so you don't have to worry about clustering, failover... Correct me if I am wrong, I am really new to the Cloud ( but eager to learn)
      -
      Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Can you cite some sources for your statements??

Cloud technologies are not a one size fits all technology. While it may be suitable for some organisations to run everything in the cloud for others they won't have anything in the cloud and again for some others there will be a hybrid scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
          Can you cite some sources for your statements??
          I don't mean to sound disrespectful here but there are no statements. There is a question mark in each sentence, I believe.
          -
          Madrid (Spain).

Comment

I think the point is that you believe "almost all" companies will transfer to the cloud - do you have any basis for that (apart from marketing by MS, AWS etc)? From my experience this is not the case and as Wullie said, there are many different scenarios with lots of factors driving companies to (and from) the cloud.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              I think the point is that you believe "almost all" companies will transfer to the cloud , do you have any basis for that (apart from marketing by MS, AWS etc)? .
              None whatsoever Ossian.

I did not say "I believe". Here is what I wrote:

"... There is something I don't understand:
              In the future, 90% of the companies will have their IT infrastructure in either AWS, Azure, Google , or a very other few providers ?, just as you join a phone provider over the other ? ..."
              -
              Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Ok if we take your questions here are my answers

1. No. Cloud solutions is not a 1 size fits all scenario.
                2. Phones are not really in the same boat as IT infrastructure.
                3. Maybe for some organisations but again 1 size does not fit all.
                4. Depends on your skill set. This is where you need to do you market research and possibly fit in between the company and Azure, AWS etc. As many, many companies do.

Comment

Thanks a lot wullieb1.
                  -
                  Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Working...
                  X