Ie 9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ie 9

Can anyone help this elderly lady. We adimit not knowing better she tried to inslall IE 9 on Vista when it is only supposed to instal on Windows 7, but why did it not just say that?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning gordon....my pc keeps on telling me, on a daily basis, to instal IE 9!!!!!!
    Driving me crazy.....

So, this morning I asked windows about it....Gave me thirty reasons why my pc could not do this action....correction...I can install it...it will not CONFIGURE...whatever that is....so...INTERNET OP....ADVANCE TAB....RESET.. DELETE PERSONAL SETGS. RESET INT. EXPL SETTGS. CHECK RESET...CHECK CLOSE. CHECK O.K.

THAT IS ONE REASON OUT OF THIRTY....(29 to go!!!! magi

Re: Ie 9

Gordon,
    I think without the correct text of the errors, preferably supported by screenshots, it will be difficult to say anything.

IE9 will work on Vista SP2 so that is probably the first thing to check
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian

The lady in her 80s and lives miles a way from me unable to find anyone to help with her PC problems. So it is beyond her to provide screen dumps. But I will pass your kind message on her.

Comment

Could just do a system restore
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks I will see if she wants to risk that again.

Comment

are you sure it's not just the EU requirement for choosing a browser?
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X