'your offer to help could not be sent'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'your offer to help could not be sent'

I can't offer remote assistance: We have a mixture of Windows Vista business and XP Professional

clients, the host I'm using has Windows7 professional. We have 1 domain and all the hosts are in

the Domain.

From my Windows7 PC, I can't offer remote assistance to Vista PC, but if I'm logged in as the

built-in Domain Administrator account on the Vista PC, I CAN! if I log in as a different user, I

CAN'T, even if the user is a member of the Local Computer Administrator's group on the PC!

This situation is causing so much grief right now because I have to walk around to do the tiniest

jobs, when I can just sit at my desk and do a lot more.
    Last edited by pdania; 8th April 2010, 01:57.

Re: 'your offer to help could not be sent'

What did you do to enable "Offer Remote Assistance"?

Comment

On the novice PC, I used GPEDIT.MSC to configure Remote Assistance settings, I also included the Helpers. Still a Mystery to me this one....

On the novice PC, I can offer remote assistance while logged in using our administrator account. If I log into the Novice PC using a domain user account, even if I make the domain user account a member of the local admin group on the Novice PC, I can't offer remote assistance to it....this is on the same PC that I just offered remote assistance to while logged in using our admin account! how bizzare!

I must also add that the Expert PC is running Windows 7 while the Novice PC is running Windows Vista.

From Vista to Vista, it's fine. so now if I have ot offer remote assistance to a user, I have to do it from a Vista PC so I always need to one up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by pdania View Post
        On the novice PC, I used GPEDIT.MSC to configure Remote Assistance settings, I also included the Helpers. Still a Mystery to me this one....
        In the "Helpers" you'll need to put your user name. Example;

If you log into your Windows 7 computer as a user "pdania", Then type "pdania" into the Vista computer "Helpers" box.

I also had the same problem as well with Vista.

I'm currently using Windows 7 Ultimate and when I tried to Offer Remote Assistance I get an error. How I resolved it on the user's Vista computer was to enabled "Allow only Vista or later connections Look at the attachment below.
        Attached Files

Comment

Still not working...bizzare! and annoying as well because it's the same Novice computer, it works only when one user is logged in!!! I can't understand this!

Comment

A shot in the dark - have you checked the firewall settings:

Windows Firewall with Advanced Security>Outbound Rules>Filter by Group>Filter by Remote Assistance then go through the rules and check them. Do the same for inbound rules.

Have you also checked the UAC rules on the Vista PC? Make sure that UAC is correctly configured - there are rules in the firewall for this too.
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
            X