Windows Vista Virus Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista Virus Problem

Hello guys. Thankyou for your previous answer at my problems. There is a new one. I have a user with windows vista ultimate installed on a laptop. After i detected a virus on that laptop, and done a scan and repair with bitdefender online scanner, i can't start windows in normal mode because i gt this message: "an unauthorized change was made to windows". I have only two options close and lear more online. The thing is that a can't do anything, not even validate the windows. I started in safe mode and remove some new software and updates and nothing, i done a clean boot and still the same. I really need a solution beside installing windows vista. Help.

Re: Windows Vista Virus Problem

Have you tried repairing the existing installation?

In any case, if you had a virus on there my only advice would be to reinstall - if you have any important data on there then I'm sure you'll have backups of it.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

What solutions i have for repairing the existing installation? I want to try it before i do a clean install. Eventually what system files i have to repair to start in normal mode? Thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by bravoman View Post
        What solutions i have for repairing the existing installation?
        Googling might have helped... http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...f-6ab6bef2069d

Originally posted by bravoman View Post
        Eventually what system files i have to repair to start in normal mode?
        Without knowing what files are corrupted or missing, impossible to answer.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thankyou. I have learned that installing vista by trying to upgrade the vista installation allready present might be the answer, but i want to be sure. This solution will afect my user settings such asL installed programs, outlook setup?

Comment

I allready backup important data such as mails, documents, but i still have installed software that i can't find anymore and i have not a installation kit. That is why i am so focused on not doing a clean install.

Comment

Hi Brother
              I read your comment that understand it. First please carefully find the path your backup data. I think solved your problem. If no any change that should be try good anti virus and clean you system. I think virus problem in your system...
              so carefully diagnosis..
              thank...

Comment

you can try booting to safe mode, put the OS media in the cd drive, go to command prompt & type
                sfc /scannow

Comment

Working...
                X