Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You do not have permission to perform this action.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You do not have permission to perform this action.

Hello,

I should appreciate all help to resolve this particular problem that I am having. I have noticed in the last three/four weeks that if I try to drag and drop files from the download folder to the desktop, I get the message that I do not have permission to perform this action. It will not allow me to move back files that I have dragged from the desktop and dropped into other folders either.

Although, I am the administrator of my system, when I checked in the UAC, I am ticked as a standard user and it will not allow me to change the account type, even when I do this logged in as a separately created Administrator account user.

My OS is Vista Home Premium. I have no idea what has caused this to happen. System Restore just does not roll back to before this problem occrred!

Re: You do not have permission to perform this action.

Hello There, so what youre saying is that when you try to do something, the UAC never askes for you permition ? Do you have Antivirus ? Checkout this site http://www.vistax64.com/vista-securi...upted-sp1.html and see if anything fits your situation, ormaybe the commands that they use in the bottom may fixe your problem.

Regards
    Kevin Guerreiro

Comment

Re: You do not have permission to perform this action.

Originally posted by kevinguerreiro View Post
      Hello There, so what youre saying is that when you try to do something, the UAC never askes for you permition ? Do you have Antivirus ? Checkout this site http://www.vistax64.com/vista-securi...upted-sp1.html and see if anything fits your situation, ormaybe the commands that they use in the bottom may fixe your problem.

Regards
      Kevin Guerreiro
      Hello Kevin, Thanks. I shall check the link later and feedback. You are correct, when I try to move files from a folder to the desktop that I have placed in the folder originally, the UAC does not ask for permission in such instances, just the warning message that I do not have permission to perform this action!

Comment

Working...
      X