No announcement yet.

Transfer mails from XP to Vista

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer mails from XP to Vista

I should export mails from Outlook Express on XP and import them to local user on other PC which has Vista and Outlook 2007. The format of stored mails in Outlook Express is .dbx, and format of mails in Outlook is .ost?
    How can I transfer mails?

Re: Transfer mails from XP to Vista

Use Outlook Express to export the emails. File, Export, Mail (off the top of my head)

Don't forget to export the address book too
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I know that, but after I export mails, I cannot find they are stored, and when I want to import them, I can find them and Outlook 2007 doesn't know for .dbx format. The PC's are in the same network. PC where is Vista get mails from Exchange 2007.

Just testing something now and will let you know. We need to get them into a PST and then Exchange 2007 allows you to import them into a mailbox using an Exchange Management Shell cmdlet.

Edit: Just tested. If you make sure that you have an Outlook profile created on the same machine, the emails will appear in Outlook. You then use Otlook to export them to a PST and then use Exchange 2007 to import them into the appropriate mailbox or this import can be done on the Client machine.
          Last edited by Virtual; 3rd June 2009, 13:19.