No announcement yet.

3G Mobile Broadband Modem Issue On Vista

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G Mobile Broadband Modem Issue On Vista

I have a problem with a 3G mobile broadband dongle running on a Vista machine.

The exact error is:

Connection Error: A Connection to the remote computer could not be established because the modem was not found or was busy.

I have tried the following: Restart the machine, removing and re-installing the client software. Installed the device in another USB port (Including installing to a different COM port) Installed newest device drivers, upgrade device firmware, remove and re-seat SIM card. The system is fully patched and all network related devices are running the latest drivers. I can confirm the device has a full 3G network signal detected.

I can confirm if a different device is used in the machine the same error occurs (a confirmed working device) and if the device with the problem is used in a different machine it works fine straight away so it has to be the machine.

I have confirmed that the device is reporting working correctly in device manager and I can query the 3G modem device successfully suggesting there is no problem.

I am out of ideas at the moment, perhaps someone else may be able to input?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Re: 3G Mobile Broadband Modem Issue On Vista

HAve you contacted your mobile provider to see if anyone else has the issue?
    (since the dongles are normally customised for e.g. O2)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: 3G Mobile Broadband Modem Issue On Vista

On the machne that the 3G works on, double check to see, if it has any other software installed from the manufacturer. 3G cards often come with it. Also, there is sometimes a choice of a couple of network types and you aso need to authenticate on the 3G network. Do you get that choice on the PC that doesn't work?