• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin problem

Windows 2003 Server
    Windows Vista PC's
    Domain Environment

I've had two encounters where a typical user was logged into a Vista machine. I logged onto that machine (at the same time) as both domain admin and local admin and cannot log them off through the task manager. I get an access denied message and I'm an administrator!

What can be causing this?

I've always done this in the past and just recently ran into this problem. Also, these user(s) can access network shares after logging in with their credentials. These user(s) do not have any admin priviledges what so ever or access to these shares so I don't know how this can be.

Anyone have any clues as to what is going on or what I can troubleshoot or look at?

It's driving me crazy!

Re: Admin problem

Check GRoup Policy settings (GPEDit.msc) and see if any of the following options are set:

User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, Ctrl+Alt+Del Options

Comment

I wonder if UAC is causing problems with confirming admin access to log them off via task manager.

Definitely go through a GPUPDATE /FORCE, and reboot the PCs.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by pjhutch View Post
        Check GRoup Policy settings (GPEDit.msc) and see if any of the following options are set:

User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, Ctrl+Alt+Del Options
        Only thing set are the auditing features.

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
          I wonder if UAC is causing problems with confirming admin access to log them off via task manager.

Definitely go through a GPUPDATE /FORCE, and reboot the PCs.
          The machines have been rebooted since, but I didn't try the force update thing. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X