This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista SP2 is out

Download details: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - Five Language Standalone for x64-based systems (KB948465):
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-b1a6fedf51a7

Download details: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - Five Language Standalone (KB948465):
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2-a5c3199ea2b3

Any feedbacks, negative or positive?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Re: Vista SP2 is out

Installed it on Vista x86 at the weekend and no issues (havent noticed any changes either...)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I installed mine too after D/L it from Microsoft's site yesterday.

Installation was fine (logged in as Admninistrator), and completed without any problems - it took about 20mins. This is on my home PC - Vista Ultimate x86.

However, after the final reboot, I logged in using my 'gaming' account and my computer could not connect to the Internet. I discovered that the default gateway had been removed. I put it back and everything was fine again. But, when I started my PC this morning, the same thing happened and I had to re-enter the default gateway address.

If it happens again I'll try adding the default gateway when logged in as Administrator and see if it sticks.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
        Installation was fine (logged in as Admninistrator), and completed without any problems - it took about 20mins. This is on my home PC - Vista Ultimate x86.
        20 Minutes? Do you have some hard drives like this? Took me close to an hour on a fairly speedy Dell XPS 1530 with 3GB of RAM. Today is my first day with it and nothing unusual to report. Of course, I'll be blowing it away and dropping 7 on this lappy in about three weeks so I won't get too comfortable with it all.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

hehe I am a gamer and have a quad core cpu, 'reaper' RAM and a WD VelociRaptor 10,000rpm drive. vrrrooooooooom!
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

i have same problem, and don't know how to fix

Comment

Originally posted by nhatroso View Post
              i have same problem, and don't know how to fix
              HUH?? Are you just posting to build up enough post spam links? If not, what problem?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Problem is "clearly" that he/she/it/spammer is still using Vista
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X