Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enable Multiple Remote Desktop Connections on Vista is legal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable Multiple Remote Desktop Connections on Vista is legal?

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know by Enabling Multiple Remote Desktop Connections on Vista is legal for personal and commercial use? I found a link that show how to do it this, but I would like to know if it's legal.

Re: Enable Multiple Remote Desktop Connections on Vista is legal?

Legal? thats for the judge to decide.
    Microsoft however ain't to happy about it especially if you sell it of use in a commercial environment.
    There is a company out that that claims its legal and sells you a package however use under legal advise, my reading of the terms is contrary to this unnamed company's claims.

Also don't post any details 'round here, you are sure to incur the wrath many......we are straight shooters here.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I would like to know by Enabling Multiple Remote Desktop Connections on Vista is legal for personal and commercial use? I found a link that show how to do it this, but I would like to know if it's legal.
      Windows XP SP2 Beta 3 build 5110 enabled 1 simultaneous console and rdp connection. It was removed in subsequent releases and when queried about the removal MS replied that it was never supposed to be there and that this type of functionality was restricted to the server os.

MS has crippled the desktop product so it's not possible to be used in this way without a hack. Unless MS changes Vista/XP/etc to allow such use, you may be in violation of the EULA.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
        Also don't post any details 'round here, you are sure to incur the wrath many......we are straight shooters here.

That's why I didn't post the link here because I wasn't sure if its legal.

Originally posted by ahinson View Post
        MS has crippled the desktop product so it's not possible to be used in this way without a hack. Unless MS changes Vista/XP/etc to allow such use, you may be in violation of the EULA.
        Good thing I ask.

Thank you guys!

Comment

Working...
        X