Remote Desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop

Anyone have this issue before, first time i have come across it. I have setup VPN access to our office pcs. It all works, but for some reason, users can only connect to there office machines if they leave there workstations locked. Doesnt seem to allow you to connect if you have logged off at the end of the day. I have setup vpn access many times and this is the first time i have seen this issue. From what i remember it doesnt matter if your logged on or off?.

Have the same issue with xp. if you workstation is locked you can get on fine, but if its logged off you cannot ping the machine or logon to it via the vpn.

Any known fixes?.

Re: Remote Desktop

Is this is site to site VPN or does each client use software to connect?
    Are there any firewalls involved?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

This is a pptp vpn connection to the office firewall. I can connect to the office server fine, but can only connect to user machines when there logged in(locked)

Comment

As far as i know in windows xp, if you log off it will stop network connection. So that's why but make sure with some research

Comment

Originally posted by hiren View Post
          As far as i know in windows xp, if you log off it will stop network connection. So that's why but make sure with some research
          Under normal circumstance, you should be able to RDP into a computer that is logged off. XP does not stop network connections on log off. pjclarke2008, I've never heard of this problem before. I've tried various Google searches but can't seem to find an answer or even a hint concerning your problem. You may want to try Microsoft's TechNet Forums or their Newsgroups.
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

What RDP version are you running? Have you tried reducing the security level and testing?

Comment

Working...
            X