Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

    Hi Everyone,

    My Reliability and Performance Monitor in my Vista Bus. is not working. There is no data. I took a screen shot to give you a better visual sense what I'm talking about. Does anyone knows how to get this to work?
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

    How old is your system? When did you install it?
    Do you have any files in these two directories:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC\PublishedData
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC\StateData ?
    If you do, what is the Last Update date on them?

    Sorin Solomon


    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

      Hi sorinso,

      Originally posted by sorinso View Post
      How old is your system?
      I believe 01/31/2008


      Originally posted by sorinso View Post
      When did you install it?
      I did not install it I just started this new job.

      Originally posted by sorinso View Post
      Do you have any files in these two directories:
      C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC\PublishedData
      C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC\StateData ?
      If you do, what is the Last Update date on them?
      There were nothing in the folder. But then I went into the recycling bin and found the data there. I then restore the data back into the "PublishedData" & "StateData" folder. It now shows the last update was done at 01/28/2009.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

        Cool...
        It looks that some "professional" deleted the files without knowing what they are...
        I assume then that your problem is solved?

        Sorin Solomon


        In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

          Originally posted by sorinso View Post
          Cool...
          It looks that some "professional" deleted the files without knowing what they are...
          I assume then that your problem is solved?
          No. I checked this morning and doesn't seem to update. Is there anything I could do to get this to start working again?

          I took a screen shot to show you it still has the 01/28/2009.
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

            You see things inside only when something changes: you install software or drivers or some application crashes...
            Did you do anything since?

            Sorin Solomon


            In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

              Originally posted by sorinso View Post
              You see things inside only when something changes: you install software or drivers or some application crashes...
              Did you do anything since?
              Yes. I have done updates and installed new antivirus last week, software and other freewares since. What do you think could be the problem?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

                It looks like the RacAgent.exe is not working. When I run as an Administrator on the command prompt and type RacAgent nothing happens. But I could go to another user computer and do the same thing and it will run for a couple of seconds then I'll go into the Reliability and Performance Monitor and it gets updated. How can I get my RacAgent to work? I think that might be causing the problem.

                Any Ideas?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

                  Looking more closely I found there is a Task Scheduler error. it says;

                  "The data is invalid (0x8007000D)". But I could not find a answer to resolve this. I also found this link below that shows the same user also having the same problem.


                  http://thevistaforums.com/index.php?...5701&mode=line

                  I also took a screen shot of the error.


                  Any ideas how to resolve this?
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

                    I had the same problem you did. I have been researching this now for several hours and have finally resolved my problem. Please be aware that I have the UAC turned off and am running as an admin by default. I found this site (http ://www .stuartandnicola .com/node/1617), which references an additional error that I was also having with the System Event Viewer on my machine. So I went to the site he suggested (http ://www. howtogeek. com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-event-viewer-cannot-open-the-event-log-when-viewing-system-logs/) to determine how to save and clear these logs. Once these logs were cleared, my RACAgent now runs successfully from the Command Prompt and I suspect it will start updating successfully through the Task Scheduler from here on out, at least until the logs become corrupted again. I hope this helps!
                    Last edited by Ossian; 3rd April 2009, 07:24. Reason: Mod removed live URLs as per forum policy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

                      Originally posted by whtevr View Post
                      I had the same problem you did. I have been researching this now for several hours and have finally resolved my problem. Please be aware that I have the UAC turned off and am running as an admin by default. I found this site (http ://www .stuartandnicola .com/node/1617), which references an additional error that I was also having with the System Event Viewer on my machine. So I went to the site he suggested (http ://www. howtogeek. com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-event-viewer-cannot-open-the-event-log-when-viewing-system-logs/) to determine how to save and clear these logs. Once these logs were cleared, my RACAgent now runs successfully from the Command Prompt and I suspect it will start updating successfully through the Task Scheduler from here on out, at least until the logs become corrupted again. I hope this helps!
                      Thank you very much. By clearing the system logs and re-running the RACAGENT in the command prompt did the trick. Once again thank you whtevr

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Reliability and Performance Monitor is not working.

                        Well done, whtevr! Rep points gladly awarded for the solution to a problem that was with us some time...
                        Thank you, Shazam, for coming back with the outcome of whtevr's solution!

                        Sorin Solomon


                        In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                        -

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X