Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting a VHD File in Vista

Hi guys, this is my first posts so please be gentle

On Monday I had a severe accident with my work PC and for some reason (still unknown) 2 of my hard drives crashed, this was my C: drive and my backup drive which was running!

I have a VHD backup from Vista from a few months ago and need to get at my data as I have customer details etc on it.

I have tried this method:
    http://www.petri.com/mounting-vista-...-pc-backup.htm

But when I click mount I get the CMD box flashing up for a second but then nothing else happens.

I dont have UAC on (who does) so it's not that - I have tried mounting it in Virtual PC but that doesnt work, it just says it needs formatting

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Last edited by skpManiac; 11th March 2009, 17:51.

Re: Mounting a VHD File in Vista

Are you using Vista to mount the image? Have you carried out the procedure regarding right clicking on it and selecting 'plug in'.

Comment

Hi there, yes I have done that and nothing happens other than the dos box opens for a few seconds then closes.
      I have even just created a virtual PC with Vista runing but cannot add the backup to it as is described on other sites! I am just told the drive needs to be formatted before it can be used which will obviously wipe all my essential data!

I need this data, without it I will have to spend weeks redoing it all

Comment

http://www.winimage.com/winimage.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Garen View Post

GAREN

YOU FKIN SUPERSTAR

SORRY FOR SWEARING BUT THIS IS AN EMOTIONAL MOMENT FOR ME

This program has saved me hours of work!!

THANKYOU
          Last edited by Ossian; 13th March 2009, 00:26. Reason: Removed formatting

Comment

Working...
          X