No announcement yet.

Problems With WIndows Update

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems With WIndows Update

Few days ago, i always get eror code 80070081, when I want chek for updates. Itried all kind of things from another forums, but nothing change. I download Windows6.0-KB947821-v4-x64.msu, from Microsoft. I stoped and restart Windows update service, clear Windows update folder and nothing. Please HELP

Re: Problems With WIndows Update

Please give details of your setup when describing a problem. All we know is that you're running Vista - we don't know what edition, what architecture or what service pack.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Sorry, i am realy nervous about that.
      I`m runing Vista Ultimatex64 SP1, on Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E7300 2.66GHz, 3GB RAM.
      As I wrote, I download Windows6.0-KB947821-v4-x64.msu, and whit that I download some updates. But when I open WIndows Update and checkfor new updates, still I get eror code 80070081.
      Hope someone help me.

As you said, there doesn't seem to be anything out there. One recommended a system restore before the problem occured.

You could try resetting Windows Update on your machine.