Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove these unwanted feature?

Hello there

I'm fighting every day because I need to remove this behaviour on my Vista computers

Whenever I open a folder and I set "details" I often see the folder as it contains multimedia files. Actually there are many documents and it could be also some jpg or some avi. BTW I usually set folder properties to show as "documents" or "all items" and it is ok until next reboot. It seems Vista does not save this setting. So, I would like to set "document" for all folders on my computer! Even folders containing mp3/avi/multimedia. I set "All Items", I set to apply also to subfolders and also "apply to all folders" on Tools/Folders Options/View/Apply to folders, but it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks so much

Re: How to remove these unwanted feature?

If I'm understanding your situation correctly this could solve the issue: Open a folder (any folder) and set it to look the way you want all of your folders to look. Then tap that 'alt' key. You should see a menu bar appear that has the old familiar "File, Edit, View, Tools, Help" drop-downs. Select Tools >> Folder Options >> View Tab >> Click th "Apple to Folders" Button. That will set the current view to be the dafault for all folders on the computer.

I am a little concerned that it's not remembering the way you last set it... although there might be logical explanations that I'm not aware of.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Hi Nonapeptide

You definitely hit the point. You did understand perfectly the point. I actually did what you told and everything is ok until....next reboot (of course the reboot is done as it should be... start/restart computer)
      I don't really understand why it does not remember the folder type.....

Comment

Look at this page, try what it suggests and post back with your results. I hope it works.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Hi there
          I'll try it out ASAP and let you know, actualy that article seems to be very interesting

Comment

Re: How to remove these unwanted feature? - Solved

Hi Nonapeptide
            I confirm that the article you sent on the link actually fixed the issue
            Thank you so much

PS: reading the article and another related article on that page, it seems that the problem could appear again in the future, in such case a new reset of the folder or a BAGMRU Size increase could be needed again

Comment

Re: How to remove these unwanted feature? - Solved

Thanks for posting back the results! Glad it worked out for you.
              Wesley David
              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Working...
              X