Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low Disk Space After Restoring Hard Drive from Image.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Disk Space After Restoring Hard Drive from Image.

Hi Everyone,

Last week I bought Acronis True Image Home 2009 Edition and I image the hard drive to my external HD. Today I had to restore my laptop using acronis. But there is one big problem, It's showing I have only 300 mb free of 73.8 gb. When I bought this laptop the hard drive has a disk space of 220 GB.

So what happen to my disk space? Is there any way to fix this?

My laptop is a Sony VGN- FZ410E Vista Ultimate sp1
    Attached Files

Re: Low Disk Space After Restoring Hard Drive from Image.

Check Disk Management and you should see the rest of the space either in a separate partition, or in no partition.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Wired is correct, it'll show up as unallocated space and you can add it to the existing partition in disk management.

I used Acronis a month or 2 back to put a bigger hard drive in my boss's laptop and discovered this.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
        Wired is correct, it'll show up as unallocated space and you can add it to the existing partition in disk management.

I used Acronis a month or 2 back to put a bigger hard drive in my boss's laptop and discovered this.

That looks promising. How to add existing partition in disk management? I just want to be careful I don't want to screw anything up.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Shazam; 1st February 2009, 17:33.

Comment

As I recall you right click on the active partition (the one with the OS on it) and choose extend volume.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
            As I recall you right click on the active partition (the one with the OS on it) and choose extend volume.
            Cool thank you so much!!

Comment

Working...
            X